Windows Programming - October 2010 (Page 3)

Very simple program will not run

I am new to Win32 and I am trying to create a simple window. But it fails and displays a message box (at line 56). #include <windows.h> const char Clas...
[3 replies] Last: LRESULT CALLBACK WinProc(HWND hWnd, UINT Msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM l... (by Kiana)
C++; void convert assistance

Hey, I was trying to write a program that converted inches to cms and pounds to kg but I don't really know what to put into the void convert at the end. This ma...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/30150/ Please don't duplcate... (by kbw)
by Madog
Price Is Right Program

For homework we were assigned with a task to create a program that is similar to the game "Price is Right". Everything is right I believe but I still cant get o...
[1 reply] : it would be good if you could state which line has the problem.....too... (by carlsum1986)
Scroll Bar handling in MFC

Can any one explain how to handle scroll bar automatically in MFC(document and view architecture)
[2 replies] Last: CScrollBarDlg::OnVScroll/CScrollBarDlg::OnHScroll Really though, yo... (by Kiana)
by h32Lg
Writing/Using a Garmin Device driver (USB) on a windows machine.

Hello, i'm new to c++ and have no clue how to write a driver or simple console program to communicate with a Garmin device. E.g. GPSmap 496. I want to detect...
[4 replies] Last: Hi thanks for sharing information. NMEA_0183 is a simple ASCII, serial... (by sohguanh)
Opening SQL Server

Hi all I have a small issue, i am opening SQL Server when clicking on a button by simply calling SYSTEM(ssms.exe -S........) SQL server opens and logs in fin...
[2 replies] Last: ShellExecute () function will be of use, if it doesn't work you need... (by satya111)
C\C++ GRAPHIC PROBLEM IN WINDOW 7

hello, i have install window 7 into my laptop and when i run a C\C++ program ,then they get executed with no problem ,but whenn i tried to run C\C++ graphic p...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/ (by JoR)
by Null
Multidesk program doesn't work

Hello, I wrote a desktop switching program but it doesn't work: // deskman.hpp #include <string> #include <windows.h> #include <vector> #define ER...
[no replies]
blinking text cursor

how do I move the blinking text cursor from the beginning of the string to the end of a string. Example: I have a edit control with the text of "s|ssss" th...
[3 replies] Last: it is seteditsel() (by carlsum1986)
WinSock2.h

while trying to match the argument list '(std::istream, const char)' 2>c:\users\fuzzy\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\test\client\client.cpp(37): error...
[5 replies] Last: You can access an inifile using GetPrivateProfileString. http://msdn.... (by kbw)
by fatal
OpenCV2.1 in Visual Studio 2010

I set up the OpenCV2.1 for Visual Studio Professional 2010 following the instructions in http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/. When I wanted to run a simple web...
[1 reply] : Have you tried to put break point and run it step by step ? If you ha... (by Dufresne)
adding arrays?

I have a homework assignment where I have to write a program that asks the user how many students to process, then reads in the scores for two items (an exam sc...
[1 reply] : The lscores array and the escores arrays are not initialized. You de... (by Darokthar)
by tal
moving cursor to window corner

Hello i wish to move the mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of an application window but for some reason (my problem) it moves way over to the bottom...
[3 replies] Last: That function looks right (although I wouldn't have bothered to use n... (by guestgulkan)
Plot -.-

#include <math.h> #include <chplot.h> #define NUM 36 int main() { double x , y ; class CPlot plot; int i; for(i=...
[2 replies] Last: yeah, sorry i tought that my question should be posted on Windows prog... (by jumper007)
C++ I got stuck with 2 errors

Hello I cannot figure out by myself these errors: error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'using' error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. ...
[1 reply] : Cardgame.h: #pragma once #ifndef CARDGAME_H #define CARDGAME... (by Ravskie)
Check for Updates

I've been working on a project for a wile now (I also need help with something else about IP addresses that I posted a thread on in this section if you can chec...
[2 replies] Last: RakNet also has the kind of function you're looking for. (by Ravskie)
Serious problem, 2 days still cannot figure it out

Hey! Sorry i re-posted but i thought windows programming would better suit this problem Here's my problem. Say i have the address: 0x00000000 (The a...
[3 replies] Last: I actually managed to set the game buttons text successfully using my ... (by Ravskie)
Im noob in API, can u show me....

Im new in API using, and i have the program which opens a window page. I want to know how to make its background, special, an animated one... this is where i a...
[18 replies] Last: Load the images into an array (probably HBITMAPs). Then, in each itera... (by Kiana)
C++: Hiding the console

So I'm really dumb; spent more than a month trying to find this but I figured I'd save someone the trouble of searching Google for it: Anyway, to hide the co...
[3 replies] Last: Or you could just link the program with the windows subsystem. #pr... (by Kiana)
simple applications in C++

Can anyone please guide me as to the basic steps as to building a simple C++ application,lets say an alarm clock. I have been doing all my coding in Turbo C++....
[4 replies] Last: To make an alarm clock just use GetLocalTime . http://msdn.microsoft... (by Kiana)
October 2010 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2010] [nov2010]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.