Windows Programming - October 2010

by c0y454
Win32 Progress Bar

Hey guys! I need to know how to handle a progress bar. Creating one is easy with the VS 2010 Toolbox. But I can't get it working. Most tutorials I found wer...
[12 replies] Last: Okay, thanks. I did what you said and set PBS-SMOOTH in the resource f... (by c0y454)
Compile .cpp from .exe on any computer

Hey guys, I am trying to run a program that will generate another program. I know a fair amount of c++, so please do not be mean. Anyway, I am thinking tha...
[12 replies] Last: Haha, you win. (by Kiana)
Will It Compile?

Will this program compile on Windows? I need to turn in a project that compiles on Windows (specifically, Visual C++) for a class I'm taking. However, I am a Ma...
[1 reply] : It compiles fine but output is not valid: Please make a selectio... (by Null)
by macla
Remote Install Software

Hi, I want to install the softwares remotely.Backups of these software are with my Local system.Now i want to install it on another computer on lan or wan...
[1 reply] : Why not just use an installer package + a RAT? (by Kiana)
Undefined references

Greetings. I got some trouble with a project. When compiling it shows me this: > "make" player.cpp linking ... yosdemo.elf main.o: In function `levelMana...
[2 replies] Last: The errors still persist. I removed the blank spaces and it's the same... (by OscRich)
Win32 Status Bar

In a Win32 application, how would I get a window to have a status bar at the bottom?
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by crazycoder)
by Zyl
IEEE-754 irritation

Hello. I made a simple program (x86) for displaying binary representation of 32-bit-floats, but it somehow does not match the IEEE-754 definition at all. I t...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for the suggestions, but rather than just replacing my solution... (by Zyl)
ODBC Class

So I am trying to write my own ODBC class to make my connections and queries from ODBC more object oriented and less procedural. I know my approaches may be co...
[3 replies] Last: I'm sure someone knows the answer...why can I not do this? Here is th... (by pyrospade)
Problem with compiling with MinGW while using resources

I use MinGW to compile all my programs. And it appears as it does not recognize resource scripts in a directory. What argument can I pass in the command line to...
[1 reply] : You can use windres (part of MinGW) to compile .rc files into object f... (by Athar)
grey image opencv displaying image

hi... i just install opencv in vc++ 2008 using win 7 when i try to display an image the while box was grey... and i do not know the problem.. please help t...
[1 reply] : Check what cvLoadImage is returning. If it returns a pointer to an ima... (by slutbit)
by mael15
linking wxWidgets dynamically fails

hi everyone, my problem is, that i am not able to get a dynamically linked wxwidgets to work. i have to link dynamically, because my app and one dll both use...
[no replies]
Compile and Use Libraries in CDT

I'm somewhat experienced with the Eclipse CDT on Windows 7. I need to know how to use Eclipse to compile and use both static and shared libraries. I have not be...
[no replies]
How to replace _wopen/_open by OpenFile

In my programe I need to replace _open and _wopen by windows api function, I think the function OpenFile should be the one. Are their return values are same ...
[1 reply] : OpenFile is not recommended, use CreateFile instead: HANDLE hFile=Cr... (by Null)
C++ Application not working on system boot

Hello.. This is my simple c++ code. #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(int argc, char *argv ) { cout<<"Wri...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know for sure why the working directory is set to system32, bu... (by Moooce)
Keyboard Input

Well, I know you can do a getc er whatever the function is, but I actually want to stream the input like a device, I'm working on a DJ program and I want to use...
[3 replies] Last: If you want to capture keyboard events just use SetWindowsHookEx with ... (by Kiana)
by c0y454
Changing text in a Form during runtime

Hey, I've created a program that needs to display a repeatedly changing text. Sadly, I have so far not been successful with that. Ive tried using the Send...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot!! It works great. :) (by c0y454)
ReadProcessMemory() error

Hi, I'm new with C++ and im getting a weird error when i run my code it Compiles fine My first "solo" C++ program trying to read memory of modern warfare 2...
[2 replies] Last: I remember writing a tool to patch memory in a running application onc... (by Zyl)
Handling Text

Hello, I know I can just use WM_KEYDOWN in my message loop or window procedure to check what key I am pressing. I wanted a way to check if I pressed enter and t...
[1 reply] : You'll have to subclass the edit control, see http://msdn.microsoft.co... (by Null)
tutorial need fixing...

i am useing the tutiorial here: http://www.relisoft.com/win32/watcher.html it prompts me to enter folder to watch but doesn't allow me to add it anywhere....
[5 replies] Last: thanks i just realized that i could drag and drop the folder onto the ... (by kyle11778)
binary to decimal conversion

This is the program I have for the conversion of binary numbers to decimal. The program runs pretty well but miscalculates the decimal value. It basically treat...
[8 replies] Last: nickburress2k2 - My bad, forgot that :3 vasiqisbewildered - np :-... (by Kiana)
October 2010 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2010] [nov2010]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.