Windows Programming - November 2010 (Page 4)

double pointers

hi! I am trying to understand pointers, so I want to convert a char str to char **p I tried something like this: char *p2; p2 = &str; p = &p2; bu...
[11 replies] Last: [quote=Disch]if you have str you cannot convert it to a char** ( at ... (by Disch)
Strange Behaviour in fopen&drag/drop

Hi all people Yesterday i was making a simple little program that reads file names by dragging them over the program icon and releasing the mouse button i e...
[2 replies] Last: Thank You for your help :D (by elPicione)
Again with the annoying string conversion error.

IDE - Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition (2008, I think.) SDK/Library/whateverit'scalled - SFML Putting/removing 'L' doesn't seem to do much good... & I c...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, but you're thru. Now the compiler is satisfied and the linker whi... (by coder777)
if (edit window text == "a string")

I need to get the text in a edit window and use an if statement. Here is a small amount of code that I am trying to get working: TCHAR tText ; GetWindow...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much, I was getting very frustrated with this :P (by CPPProgrammer4L)
int to system::string

i have been screwing around with the windows GUI recently and textboxes use system::string type, i have a function that returns an int value and i need it to ap...
[3 replies] Last: What do you think System::Convert::ToString(...); is doing? No magic... (by coder777)
by bbgst
Too many WM_PAINT

Hi. My application is getting some ridiculous amount of WM_PAINT messages. I made the program outup to a file the messages on the message loop, and I'm getti...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, that solved my problem. I'm really becoming a fan of this foru... (by bbgst)
by kind9
How can I "hide" WinMain like MFC does?

To help myself better understand C++ and win32 programming I started a DLL project to wrap all the basic stuff up. Now I would like to hide WinMain, but I'm not...
[2 replies] Last: Not having been brain washed into thinking that every procedural func... (by kind9)
Email Console VC++ 2010

I know many of you probably think that this is a dumb question, but how would I send an email in VC++ console application? Is there a basic template that anyon...
[no replies]
Problems with an Array of Strings in a Class's Private area

My professor has an array of Stings (1 for each Month name) in the private area of his Class, but for some reason, he cant get the program to run with the Array...
[1 reply] : hello knighthonor, how does the class looks like? (by coder777)
urgent ... c++ error i cant find solution

hello all i get from my friend a c++ program to make some calculation in primes number and save it on .csv file - project work will on his pc but the projec...
[8 replies] Last: FILE * sortie = NULL; (by coder777)
open cd tray

im trying to open the cd drive with this code: #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #include <mmsystem.h> using namespace std; int main() { mci...
[10 replies] Last: i wanted to loop it for the LOLs. (by like2codecpp)
by indigo
release build problem

Hi, when i build my program in release mode and try to run it on a computer without visual c++ it requires dll's it does not need to run (msvcr100.dll). How to...
[7 replies] Last: The thing is that i need miltithreaded dll in my project, but i didn't... (by indigo)
by wtf
Cannot set file to have multiple attributes

I don't know if its because of Vista/7 or just a lame compiler but I can't use SetFileAttributes or command prompt to change a files attributes to have more tha...
[1 reply] : It says right in the documentation for this function to assign multipu... (by Computergeek01)
by PaddyH
BSTR - no page

Hi all Does anyone know how I can stop a BSTR from written to the swap file? Using VC2008 unmanaged Thanks
[4 replies] Last: Thanks Null, that looks the part. Do I have to call VirtualAlloc be... (by PaddyH)
Use IDL in C++ CLI/CLR (.NET)

Hi, I've a project in C++ working fine (ie, a library for outputting realtime images to decklink). Until now, I've always worked in native C++. To use the d...
[no replies]
by Lonck
buy 51 apples but only only 50 left so buy them and print message.

So I'm trying to do this program where customers buy apples from a market. Theres a limited number of apples. I want to be able to print a message that if the...
[3 replies] Last: if (ApplesToBuy > CurrentApples) std::cout << "There aren't enough... (by Kiana)
Compile as system file

I am trying to write a program that needs admin rights for a lot of processes, and I get really tired of doing the whole UAV thingy in Windows 7. I am using Vi...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you! Your response was very helpful. (by closed account NAXz3TCk)
Win32 Text Output Example

Note: I am not asking for any help, I am just posting an example for those who want to learn this. // How to print text in Win32 C/C++ // Auther: -LeetGa...
[6 replies] Last: Heres an example of how to draw text in the center of your window, and... (by kaije)
Using a Message-Only Window to Receive Device Change Notification Messages

I'm trying to get write a message-only window to receive device change notification messages for a USB device. I am using MFC, C++, and Visual Studio 2008. Ev...
[5 replies] Last: I can't comment on your suggestion, but you could just use a hidden Wi... (by kbw)
ChangeDisplaySettingsEx Function

Hi Everybody, As a change of pace I have my code working for valid screen resolutions on the device attached to the system. My problem is that I am shooting ...
[1 reply] : So evidently it's not enough to tell the Windows API that I want the r... (by Computergeek01)
November 2010 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [oct2010] [dec2010]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.