Windows Programming - November 2008 (Page 2)

2D Array compile error: "invalid conversion from char to const char*"

so I am trying to finish an assignment before a big exam but I am stuck with this error on line 50: "invalid conversion from char to const char*" My mind is ...
[3 replies] Last: To be a bit more specific: lengths[#] is of type char , and strcmp... (by Zhuge)
Compiling trouble

hello, I have a code here. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int i; cout << "Please enter the degrees in Celcius: "; cin >>...
[17 replies] Last: I guess. I'm not yet really familiair with the windows librarys, but i... (by Scipio)
What Is the Logic of Reverse Connection?

As far as i know in reverse connection the client opens the port that the server connects to. Thus, simply i just do the bind() & listen() in clients' source co...
[1 reply] : I suppose, but basically that seems like an exact swapping of the clie... (by firedraco)
Making A GUI

I was wondering how I'm supposed to make a GUI in Windows. I don't know much about programming, so I turn to the Cplusplus Forums community: *Advice, link, ...
[3 replies] Last: "Programming Windows" by Charles Petzold is a great idea. the MSDN on... (by Mal Reynolds)
windows.h

Hi guys... need some help wid windows.h i have always coded in C that too only programs that run in dos mode!! :( m coding on bloodshed devc++ and ive ...
[3 replies] Last: no problem :) just glad i could help! oh, and another nice thing abo... (by Mal Reynolds)
accpet() Rturns 10014 Error! Weird One.

I ported my code from linux to windows. I get weird error about 10014 refering to accept() error...The error lies around here: struct sockaddr clientInfo; /...
[3 replies] Last: I just had to make clientInfo as struct sockaddr_storage ..... (by f ben isaac)
by monkey
How to time out user input

Hi, I am using scanf to get user input, but I need to have a time out, so that in case user doesn't respond in 30 seconds, I will time out and return to a kn...
[1 reply] : In DOS programming, in <conio.h> there is a kbhit() function that chec... (by melkiy)
ERROR!!!!!

when i compile this code i get an error. I got this code from a tutorial so i think it must be the program i am using to compile it. I tried Microsoft visual an...
[2 replies] Last: If you use VC, the error may be caused by /SUBSYSTEM, one of linker's... (by xjtuzxl)
ERROR C2440

hello, i was just messing around the other day and when i tried to compile this code and error came up. c:\documents and settings\stealthop1217\my documents\...
[2 replies] Last: Note that if you want a string literal to be absolutely UNICODE then... (by guestgulkan)
WIN32 and Console App

im pretty new to C++ and programming in general. I would like to know what is the difference between Win32 App and Console APP. When i look at them it seems lik...
[2 replies] Last: the win32 api is amazing, but takes a bit of dedication and lots of ti... (by Mal Reynolds)
utility64.lib

Hello all, does anyone know about a library called 'utility64.lib'? I already searched for it in my computer and in the internet, but I found no references to i...
[1 reply] : Where did you download this project from? Sourceforge?? (by guestgulkan)
CreateThread Causes Application Error

I am creating a multi-threaded TCP/IP server that will be running on Windows Server 2003. The program accepts a connection and then spawns a new thread to hand...
[4 replies] Last: based solely on the code you posted i have a few ideas that may be giv... (by Mal Reynolds)
Problem terminating windows processes completely

edit: i have discovered that while this program exhibits this behavior on my machine, this is not true to every machine (one of the six i have personally run...
[5 replies] Last: hello Duoas, i very much appreciate your reply. i do have a couple of... (by Mal Reynolds)
Program exits as soon as started.

Well, hey guys, I have a bit of an issue, whenever I start my simple hello world application, #include <iostream> int main() { cout << "Hello World!"; ...
[3 replies] Last: You can also avoid that by running the program from the command line, ... (by Abrahm)
November 2008 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [oct2008] [dec2008]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.