Windows Programming - May 2011 (Page 2)

Screen Stuff

I am sick to the top of my head with searching Win API help and others and getting every subject under the sun EXCEPT the one I'm looking for. I want to get ...
[5 replies] Last: FWIW, GetWindowPlacement() and SetWindowPlacement() did the trick. Tha... (by Lamblion)
by bit64
Can't get VirtualAllocEx to work.

Hi There, I've been trying to program something that chats in another program online using the program's chat function(which I have found). The function has one...
[2 replies] Last: kbw, the user is trying to allocate memory in an external process, I w... (by webJose)
by tapir8
A good book you would recommend on Windows Programming?(for beginners)

Can you give the pros and cons of the following books and say if it's good for beginners or not? 1. http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Yourself-Windows-Programming-Da...
[1 reply] : My usual recommendation is: Programming Windows 5th Edition Charles... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by meesa
[C++] Win32 API Key press getting sent 3 times

I have an edit box, in which I process some of the requests (Forgot the term for it) Everytime I press a valid key, it outputs three times, so pressing 0 output...
[12 replies] Last: It ended up being a completely unrelated piece of code in the message ... (by meesa)
by error
Crash in ExtractIconEx

Hello, I have been seeing a strange issue recently where my application crashes during a call to ExtractIconEx(). The weird thing is that this call succeeds ...
[3 replies] Last: Well then, I've shot my wad. Without more code, it will be impossible ... (by Lamblion)
importance of variable type in programming

Hi thereall I need some info about importance of variable type in programming, I need to know different between "floating point" and "fixed point" . for example...
[2 replies] Last: Floating Point = Variable percision (mostly). Fixed Point = Set per... (by Computergeek01)
forward export system32 dll

I have turn off windows file protection (WFP) and successfully loaded in windows\system32. Error Code: 0x80090006" Is windows checking the checksum of the ...
[2 replies] Last: I do not want to go to that route. (by starface245)
by ty98
Dialog Icon

I need to know how to use the icon on the Dialog. I got the command runing but the imig dose not apere. Am I soposto use the case command?
[8 replies] Last: Thanks (by ty98)
Changing attributes of file and folder.

how can i change folder or file attributes? is there any C++ library or any function to change attributes. i can get attributes using _finddata_c but i do...
[3 replies] Last: HEHEHE (by ty98)
MSVC++ error ... moving file directories

This is very basic... but I completely forgot how to fix this stupid problem in MSVC++ 2010 Express. I have a new project, and I added sub-folders in my proj...
[1 reply] : If you still need it: VS2010 lets you create 'filters' in the IDE its... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Global Struct

This is where I can't keep things straight... I have file that is called "global.cpp" and another which is called "global.h" I use these two files to mana...
[2 replies] Last: Perfect! Thanks very much. (by Lamblion)
ActiveX save file to disk

I am writing an MFC ActiveX control that runs in IE 7 and interfaces with a fingerprint imaging device. There is a method in the fingerprint device SDK that sa...
[5 replies] Last: Well actually, it turns out in the end that it wasn't an ActiveX issue... (by amichael444)
function of wm_initmenu message

Can anyone explain when exactly a WM_INITMENU message is sent, and how it should be processed ?
[1 reply] : Is MSDN's explanation not enough? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib... (by webJose)
Transfer Image to Server in C++

hi friends.. I want to sent an image from client to server in c++ on windows plate form. can any one tell me how to read an image and convert it into byte arr...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks Bros. I got the solution. Thanks alot for your kind help (by UsmanButt)
HELP with "love" program

Hi, I'm trying to write a program that reads in a line of text and replaces each 4-letter word with the word "love". If the 4-letter word begins with a capital ...
[no replies]
Mysterious linker errors

Hi everybody, I'm having some trouble with my small utility library I'm writing on for quite some time. For the last few days I get mysterious linker errors ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply, garrido. @headers: yes, I have. I think it wou... (by closed account yRX36Up4)
C++ lib for email

Anyone could recommend some good commercial email library ? We can't use open-source lib. Basically I need send email with attached files via smtp. Thanks
[1 reply] : For SMTP surely you would just open a socket and send the text for the... (by minime)
ms vs c++ shows error where it shouldn't

Hello, I've got problem with Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express Edition, I declared a variable in one of my class and allocated memory for it like: Manag...
[4 replies] Last: Oh, thank you very much! :) I had a circular include, my core.h includ... (by Mafioso)
having problems with subclasses

Ok here is my problem i have the following code in WNDPROC I create a edit box and a edit box beneath that edit box where the user can enter chat then it displa...
[1 reply] : You have changed your program so much that your program contains some ... (by guestgulkan)
Send backspace to a TextBox

Hello, I'm trying to delete some lines in a TextBox, This works perfect with a newline... SendMessage(hText1, EM_REPLACESEL, 0, (LPARAM)"\r\n"); But this ...
[3 replies] Last: Nice! Thanks, both worked for me! The first one you could set how ma... (by Mekolle)
May 2011 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [apr2011] [jun2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.