Windows Programming - May 2011

by Kuzco
GDI+ stretch my images

So I'm attempting to create a small platform game just for fun, and I bumped into a problem I cannot solve. I use GDI+ to draw my main character image, but i...
[2 replies] Last: Oh thanks! I managed to get it to work now. (by Kuzco)
Replace Substring

Straight C/C++ Win32 API. No MFC, WinForms, etc. No classes. Just strait C with a possible small C++ convention, if necessary. I've done this before using st...
[16 replies] Last: I know why it wouldn't compile... I forgot to do this before declaring... (by Lamblion)
Debug Assertion Failed!

Hi everybody: I'm using a library to plot different graphic in a C++/CLI application. The Library comes from CodeProject and it works (theorycally). I try to d...
[1 reply] : What does mean a Debug assertion? A debug build of an app can have ex... (by kbw)
by GPP
ERROR: was not declared in this scope

Im coding in code blocks and using SDL, and I've run into an error, this is my first time trying to use multiple cpp files. SystemBegin.h #pragma once ...
[1 reply] : Check the preprocessor output when compiling SystemFunctions.cpp to do... (by Moschops)
message box non modal

how do I make a messagebox display that is not modal LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProc(HWND hWnd, UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { switch(message)...
[4 replies] Last: Maybe you can help me a little more. I have a main window, I just w... (by closed account zwA4jE8b)
keystroke handling

I have the following code. I want to keystrokes listed in case WM_KEYDOWN to change the value of a variable in the main function. I do not yet know too much...
[11 replies] Last: besides for some VB stuff I have not done much gui either. I have only... (by closed account zwA4jE8b)
by meesa
[C++] Win32 - Processing the backspace command?

TL;DR I need to know which characters are deleted with Win32. Basically, I need to know what characters are deleted, each time they are. Considering that the...
[15 replies] Last: Not just, but it's needed. Considering I can go from asd to asf though... (by meesa)
making a window scroll

I have a function that draws a sine wave. I would like to make the window 'scroll' so the wave appears to be moving across the screen. Can anyone give me ...
[1 reply] : ScrollWindow() (by closed account zwA4jE8b)
WM_PAINT

Here is what is confusing me. I am simply making a program to load a .dll into my program, using the LoadLibrary() function. If the file was loaded I want it to...
[11 replies] Last: Hadn't really thought of it as advanced, although I guess maybe it is ... (by freddie1)
DbgView Output for STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hi, i have the following problem: CTracing::WriteX("crazy chrizzy start"); MyType* myvar = NULL; myvar->MyMethod("Mietzekatze"); CTracing::WriteX("cr...
[4 replies] Last: segfault occurs inside a macro If you have a massive macro then you h... (by coder777)
by meesa
[C++] Win32 PolylineTo() issue?

I'm using PolylineTo inside a for loop to draw a border. However, at the midpoint, the lines seem to jump up one line, but it stays the same height across, so i...
[2 replies] Last: 1. That doesn't really matter, does it? Nonetheless, I'd made that cha... (by meesa)
by kev82
syslog equivalent

I have a c++ program that runs on unix, but is pretty platform independent, and I do have a console version running on Windows. I am trying to move it into a Wi...
[2 replies] Last: That article was much simpler than what I managed to find on msdn. I'v... (by kev82)
LCD Simulator

I wish to create a 16 by 2 LCD Simulator and have knowledge of native C++. So should i go for native C++(unmanaged) or try C++/CLI to create the application?
[3 replies] Last: Well, that depends if there are any features of C++/CLI that would be ... (by kev82)
Win32 - Line Numbers in Edit Control

Can someone please give me an example to adding line numbers to an edit control?
[no replies]
by HenryJ
How to make a game with wxWidgets

Hello, I just want to know how to make a simple a game on wxWidgets like Tetris(Not tetris ecause I have already got the code for it). Can someone help?
[no replies]
CBPGUI C++ Library (Beta)

Lately I've been working on a C++ library that was built around the Win32 API. This library is an OO library made for quick and easy GUI creation for applicati...
[no replies]
by ty98
programm useing dll file

Ok so i need to get a program to use a dll file. Like a idon ore dialog. Do you have eny ideas?
[no replies]
Project Terminated With Status 1

Whenever I try to run a certain program I wrote, it returns with this error. After "Status 1" it says "(0 minutes, X seconds)", with X varying between 6 and 18 ...
[no replies]
clear string from the screen.

i want to do this. #include<iostream> #include<string.h> using namespace std; int main() { string str="i have itchy...."; stirng str2=...
[5 replies] Last: and about the mouse thing is it possible to point to string and cle... (by freddie1)
help with CAsyncSocket

I have both server and client sockets, Clients send data each time a frame of a video is display, I need the server receives in exactly the same order the clien...
[no replies]
May 2011 Pages: 123... 8
  Archived months: [apr2011] [jun2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.