Windows Programming - May 2008 (Page 2)

how to know whether I can write something to a directory?

I want to call a API function or some method to know if I have the right to write to specified directory on remote server. like "\\pathname\filename", before I...
[1 reply] : You can mess with the security attributes API, but the simplest way wo... (by Duthomhas)
CString question in ActiveX control

I found a problem with CString in ActiveX control While I using a Cstring in propPage, the member method Left() can can be used. but In .....Ctrl.cpp page, t...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, my issue has been solved. using CSIDL_COMMON_DOCUMENTS, ... (by LeviZhou)
by Dexter
Calling in Multiple Forms

Hello, I hava a "control panel" form that calls up different forms within the same project. Is there a way to do this? I have tried and tried with no success. I...
[no replies]
spawnl()

So, I was bored and decided to go with the same idea as a "fork bomb" with linux but on windows. I understand I need to use the spawn functions to call upon the...
[no replies]
Help editing my C++ Program

Hey I posted this once already but twas gone the next day My problem is that when ever I enter the correct answer for my Cin statement it will still go to the ...
[6 replies] Last: By the way, your true/false questions are a bunch of BOOL! Ha ha ... (by zachlr)
Help! GPA C++ Program that uses 1 function and 2 logical structures.

GPA C++ Program that uses 1 function and 2 logical structures. This program I am working on is going to be able for students to enter A,B,C,D,F for eight clas...
[8 replies] Last: Argghhh. You should simplify your code. 260 lines is too many. If you ... (by Zaita)
by Psy
[Visual C++] How do you get a service to read environment variables?

I've tried both CString::GetEnvironmentVariable() and getenv(). They work fine when running as an exe but fail when running as a service. Is there any way aroun...
[1 reply] : Nevermind, the problem existed because I had the environment variable ... (by Psy)
[Visual C++] Need assistance with the "Visual" aspect...

Well i recently moved on from visual basic to C++ (good news i hope!) and i am having a problem with some of the "visual" aspects of developing. Even though i g...
[1 reply] : In VC++ 2005 (which is what I use), and I assume 2008, what you get in... (by Faldrax)
Need a way to find a faster mouse position update

Using win32 api. First I used WM_MOUSEMOVE until I found it is probably the slowest way to pick the position of the mouse. Next I used this: void cWin...
[7 replies] Last: It's developed in C++. Sorry I haven't posted it yet, I have been unab... (by Zaita)
by cva
Dialog Font normal in XP but BOLD in VISTA.

Hi everyone... Im having problem with the dialog box which contain 2 tab forms in it, In XP the dialog box is running normal with normal fonts and normal dialo...
[3 replies] Last: Vista changed the default fonts used by the system, so programs that u... (by Duthomhas)
by tedi
How to insert animated GIF into RichEdit?

How to insert animated GIF into RichEdit?
[3 replies] Last: You must use the EM_GETOLEINTERFACE message to obtain the RichEdit'... (by Duthomhas)
book list

Read the Petzold then the Richter. And MSDN. Can someone provide specific titles for win32 api books by Petzold and Richter? Several titles are available o...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks!! it has been long enough since I wrote that that I had forgott... (by kbarrett)
ActiveX Property page

I need to write an ActiveX control using MFC, this control will run on an system that will add two another property pages in to my control,now I need remove on...
[1 reply] : Dose this help? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8462k2xt(VS.7... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Windows API

Hi, Where would i find a good tutorial for windows API? I began learning C++ in linux, and i've pretty much done all the object programming and templates and...
[14 replies] Last: Oooooh things got a little heated here hihi. I'll just say I agree wi... (by enixi0s)
how to convert a String to Number or Number to String

hi to every one how to convert a String to Number or Number to String?? i cat use toString !!:( any body can help me PLZ :)
[7 replies] Last: You need to set the stream to fixed notation then set the precision to... (by Faldrax)
How to incorporate the Auto hide functionality for my Control Bar in VC 6

Hi Friends, I have created a Control Bar in VC 6 and for this i have to add the auto Hide functionality.Can any one suggest me? Thanks Rajesh.M
[no replies]
how to know if I have the write access right?

I need to know if I have the write right on directory like "\\machinename\foldername" How can I know if I can write something into this folder using VC/MF...
[3 replies] Last: It's my pleasure. If you have any other question, I wish we can think ... (by tsubusa)
by jrock
Program Help Needed!!

Write a program that calculates the average of a group of test scores, where the lowest score in the group is dropped. It should use the following functions: a...
[1 reply] : This post is posted across multiple forums, please respond in the foll... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
do a easy...

Can someone help me to do a private server of tribalwars. I mean I have a own server for my self and just playing like a admin, I can change the speed time and...
[1 reply] : How about you start. When you have any specific C++ issues/questions y... (by Zaita)
C++ tutors

Is there any good C++ tutors or tutoring services, preferably from within the US? Thanks.
[1 reply] : i am the tutor, how much do u want to pay per minut? (by guruplus)
May 2008 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [apr2008] [jun2008]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.