Windows Programming - March 2011 (Page 6)

Change Account Password

The situation is the administrators at my high school have recruited my help in changing the admin password on every computer in the school. I know how long it ...
[6 replies] Last: You are correct, but AD can tell a computer to run this app everytime ... (by Computergeek01)
What is a good Windows programming book?

Hello, I am currently reading the C++ All in One For Dummies book to get the basics of C++ down...variables, classes, etc. However, I would also like to lea...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the link. (by Chevytuff19)
MessageBox Defination?

Hello, I am new to Windows programming. Infact new to c++ as well. I encountered with my first windows function to create a message box saying hello. However...
[3 replies] Last: For Microsoft API questions, the best way to find the answer is usual... (by Duthomhas)
New to windows programming

Hello all, I am new to windows programming. Please let me know how to start with. I am trying to learn through MSDN's site, but things are very confusing. ...
[8 replies] Last: Well, that's because except for object orientation and templates, the ... (by hanst99)
mouse emulation using keyboard

My mouse is broken and until I get a new one I decided to write something to do my job using the keyboard. I am able to move the mouse using the arrow keys and ...
[2 replies] Last: Excellent! I did manage to (kind of) make it work with clicks on the c... (by m4ster r0shi)
Problem with DEV c++

What happens is that I write a program, and click the "compile + execute" button. A menu pops up saying it is currently compiling the program I just wrote. It s...
[7 replies] Last: I am pretty sure it also means that you aren't allowed to use it comme... (by hanst99)
Error when using ezwindows

When I acomplished the setting of ezwindows,no error found when compling but one fatal error occurs when linking. The error message is : libcpd.lib(string.obj...
[no replies]
Avoiding Strings

Hello. Is there a way to avoid different strings while using fopen? Example: Input (the file): Say Hello! Hello Name please. John The code: ...
[2 replies] Last: Haha. Thanks! (by raulkolk)
Does ShellExecuteEx() be the same as execute command in Windows console?

My OS is Windows XP English, in the console of my computer, I can not input Chinese. If i copy Chinese character into console, it will be converted to be questi...
[1 reply] : Please use an UNICODE build (from your test code i assume you did use ... (by modoran)
by Jhuyt
SFML and other new libs in VS 2010

Hi, first post here. I know some of you might have seen this topic before. I have searched through the archives but I have never found anything that correspo...
[18 replies] Last: That's OK - I'm not sure how much I helped though. EDIT: As I said ... (by anonymous23323124)
MIDI: detecting a device unplugging

Hello, I'm using the standard midi routines midiInOpen and midiOutOpen to get handles to external usb midi devices. But, how do I tell if the device has b...
[11 replies] Last: A little more thinking and I'm back to the adjacent slot problem. Bet... (by Mark Svenson)
by Obj3ct
EnumProcesses: program crashes.

Hello, why does the program below crash? #include <windows.h> #include <tchar.h> #include <psapi.h> #include <iostream> int main() { DWORD nPr...
[7 replies] Last: I'm back on Windows. I've just compiled it with my recomended fixes a... (by kbw)
Dijkstra in Boost Graph Library(BGL)

Dear all, Hope all is well. I am working in a USA network to find all the shortest paths. I have used Dijkstra in boost graph. The problem is, I need to cre...
[no replies]
Linking DevIL

I'm trying to write some code to load images into OpenGL using a library called DevIL (openil.sourceforge.net). However, every time I build I get a linker error...
[1 reply] : OK. Don't worry. I'm using a different library altogether now and it s... (by anonymous23323124)
Window Declaration

Hi again guys, i have been having a huge problem for a long time with my program because i can't tell my second window "agpeyawindow" to show itself (a.k.a. Sho...
[6 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/1295/#msg4406 (by kbw)
by codist
creating a graphics library

I'm trying to create a graphics library for windows. I want it to be fast. Is it possible to access the video card's memory directly instead of using the slow m...
[7 replies] Last: That's a relief! Thanks for the advice hanst99. (by anonymous23323124)
by Iaw
Sudden error compiling program in VC++ 2010 Express

I've decided to do something else than Perl for once and been studying C++ for quite a while now. After learning a bit of the basics I starting looking into th...
[5 replies] Last: Lol. I can't believe I missed this: if ( index == 3 ) { glBeg... (by Iaw)
Printing a passage into a window.

Hello all, Im trying to find the most efficient way to print text from a file to the window. The program I am writing is a bible reader and the user will...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so MUCH! (by closed account 2A9hAqkS)
How to create Multi-Language Apps?

Okay, fist some basic information Program I use: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Project I want make: A simple program that have 6 languages, and ...
[no replies]
by meesa
[C++] Fatal Errors (Strcpy/Strcat)

First off, here is my code: int answer; char amount ={'\0'} char letter ={'\0'}; if(i==32){ strcpy(letter, " "); } else{ letter =char(i); } ...
[2 replies] Last: Excuse me... Bangs Head* For some strange reason, I was thinking th... (by meesa)
March 2011 Pages: 1... 45678
  Archived months: [feb2011] [apr2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.