Windows Programming - March 2011 (Page 2)

Treeview Image not working

Hey, I am using Win32, C++. My code is not working. It is the following: hTree = CreateWindowEx(0,WC_TREEVIEW,_T(""),WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD|WS_BORDER|WS_HSCROLL ...
[1 reply] : Sorry, I got it. For anyone who wants to know, just change TB_SETIMAGE... (by DaSpirit)
XmlWriterSettings not working

Hi guys, Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with my issue here. The code below when compiled gives the following error syntax erro...
[3 replies] Last: Removing the gcnew worked, thanks coder777 (by Brandonm)
reading mat file in vc++ program

Hi, I wanna to read a .mat file in a simple vc++ program: #include "stdafx.h" #include "mat.h" #pragma comment(lib, "libmat.lib") #pragma comment(lib,...
[3 replies] Last: @ Computergeek01 MATLAB has been installed it automatically. How can I... (by baharai)
Which SDK should I use for windows programming?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff381409(v=VS.85).aspx I tried to compile the codes above with Code::Blocks, but it can't be done. undefined referenc...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you all very much. I'll look into it. (by alexanderswang)
How to display a tab control?

Hi! I'm trying to make a simple tab control with two tabs display in the window, but no matter how I do it, it won't show up. I've consulted the MSND documen...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks a lot guestgulkan, modoran and hanst99. The problem was solved.... (by Ramses12)
by minime
Visual Studio 2008 STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

I've written some win32 (not managed) code which appears to have an intermittent error in it, however I am unable to track down where. Whenever I run the progr...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks for all the help guys. It appears the error was due to a buffer... (by minime)
how to read the contents of a textbox into a std::string

hello every one i am making a program what requires that the user types in some text in a textbox. the problem is, how do i get that text from the textbox int...
[14 replies] Last: thank you all very much, it worked. reading a textbox is very importan... (by kirenemook12)
Visual Basic help

I have a web browser program that I have put on a CD. I want to find a way when i open it it needs to open an html file i have specified on the CD with it. I ha...
[4 replies] Last: Your browser will of course depend on .NET so your users will need acc... (by anonymous23323124)
Properly using SetWindowLong()...

Hi, In an effort to avoid global variables in my program, im trying to use SetWindowLong to store a pointer to an instance of a normal class. I create an ins...
[18 replies] Last: OK, thanks. (by Abramus)
by v8n3t
Initialzing structs from Windows API.

Hello all, I am having a bit of a problem working with very simple c++ rules regarding the Windows API functions. I understand why a struct must be initialize...
[2 replies] Last: Yes I see the difference and thank you very much. I also knew about t... (by v8n3t)
by v8n3t
TEXT() function

Hello all, I am posting here because I can not find the documentation on a function TEXT(). I am using it in my CreateFile() function as arg1 but can not ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much! (by v8n3t)
sting

std::string String = {...}; this string hold 50 elements when i have it run the program i have a variable access a curtain location. int Word = String ; I ...
[2 replies] Last: C arrays are really just pointers to the first element of the array. ... (by webJose)
Scrollbar always visible on treeview

I am trying to make the scrollbar always visible on my treeview. I am using win32. My code is as follows: hTree = CreateWindowEx(0,WC_TREEVIEW,_T(""),WS_VISIBL...
[1 reply] : Looking at the Microsoft docs there doesn't appear to be an attribute ... (by mof)
by ty98
Help with the butten!!!

I need to know hot to make a butten in a win32 program. Dot you have eny ideas? thanks for replys!
[14 replies] Last: +1 quirkyusername while unrelated to this topic, that is one of the fu... (by anonymous23323124)
by ty98
fun prank

thi is the bigest prank that I know of. #include <windows.h> int main() { beep(50, 2000); MessaeBox (NULL,. "trojen horse detected" , "prank" ,0; SetCu...
[9 replies] Last: so dose it repet Kiana? (by ty98)
by ajitm
how to get status of work performed by thread

Hi Friends Your help will be very crucial for me. As I am very new for thread programming, I am in big trouble around it. I have a simple application in C# a...
[no replies]
Template Linked Lists

I have been working on an assignment in my CSII class over Linked Lists in template classes and would like someone to take a look at this. (I am not asking anyo...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, I knew i missed something there. Question about the nodePtr: cou... (by camouser)
IDI_APPLICATION .ico File

Hello everyone. I need the .ico file for the IDI_APPLICATION icon. I spent some time on google and in my CodeBlocks and Visual Studio folders looking around and...
[1 reply] : Search your computer for: "app.ico" or create one like it using your f... (by matsom)
Capturing and calling Windows events

Does anyone know how to intercept events generated from clicking a button on a Windows program, such that I could call that event within my own program? For ...
[5 replies] Last: > Hooks has nothing to do with that, a simple SendMessage() "inter... (by george135)
by ajitm
Showing a progress bar as a progress of thread executing in the c++ dll

Hi Friends I am working with C#, C++(dll) based project. I am trying to show a progress bar as a progress of thread executing in the c++ dll. I want t...
[no replies]
March 2011 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [feb2011] [apr2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.