Windows Programming - March 2011

The LoadImage() is not working

/* the code seems correct but is not working.*/ hIcon = LoadImage(NULL,(LPCWSTR)"icon.ico",IMAGE_ICON,32,32,LR_LOADFROMFILE); if(hIcon) { SendMessa...
[4 replies] Last: The following should tell you what the error is: #include <strsafe.h... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
How to insert a Button inside a windows form ?

I have created a windows form using basic win32 API and without using any MFC class. I want to add some more controls in this window now. I am an experienced JA...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks blackCoder, I guess same will work for other controls als... (by TheAmitKumar)
MT MTD

Hello,Everyone. who can tell me the different between MT and MTD? My pragram is running right when I set the CRT to MT. but when I change to MTD, My...
[1 reply] : MT= M ulti T hreaded(ing) - used in release mode - no error checking... (by guestgulkan)
by WingYn
Threads?

Hi guys, I have been searching and reading about threading. But it only makes me more confused. I have 1 function which is used to insert... Let's say 10000 ...
[9 replies] Last: Not saying that is the solution for the OP; just thought it was a good... (by Psychopete)
How to Compile wxWidgets in Visual Studio 2010?

I have been looking around and the pages I find don't give a very good description of what to do. I have tried ( http://www.rhyous.com/2009/12/16/how-to-compile...
[1 reply] : You need 2 include path: [Your path to wxWidgtets]\include [Your path... (by coder777)
by v8n3t
Type of stream object to use?

Hello everyone, I am trying to figure out which type of stream to use for my task. Very simply put I am trying to capture my processes thread in action and se...
[8 replies] Last: Computergeerk01, Thanks for the example but I can not use other softw... (by v8n3t)
Need Help Now. Need program working for tomorrow

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <ctime> #include <vector> std::string State = { "Alabama", "Alaska", "Arizona", "Arkansas", "Californi...
[2 replies] Last: while(true) { srand(time(NULL)); ... } Place the srand cal... (by Branflakes91093)
Help with Reading USB Pipe

Hello, I am developing an application that reads ADC values from a AVR microprocessor via USB. I am developing on a machine with Windows 2000 and Visual C++ ...
[3 replies] Last: Saying which method to use is going to be dependent on how your device... (by Computergeek01)
Winsock Programming

I have had nothing but trouble with Winsock since I started using it. I cannot seem to initialize Winsock to save my life. I'm not asking for anyone to write th...
[9 replies] Last: I created a new project, and added the previous source file, then put ... (by rjalaskan)
by boedy
[Linker Error] Unresolved external

Hi, I've banged my head against the wall a couple of times today, because I can't seem to figure out how to fix the following compile error: [Linker Error] U...
[4 replies] Last: I seem to have figured out what the problem was. When I was creating t... (by boedy)
by trig
open an image

Hi, i have this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 void __fastcall TERDmarker::openimage21Click(TObject *Sender) { TPicture * pct = new TPicture; Gra...
[1 reply] : Here is one of possible solutions: #include <Commdlg.h> ...//you ne... (by savavampir)
What are Memory Mapped FIles?

Could anyone please explain what memory mapped files are and why this method is better then reading a file with I/O operations when needed? i've read msdn...wik...
[2 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory-mapped_file#Benefits (by kbw)
IE9 & C++ Dev

Anybody using IE9 yet? If so, have you had any issues re C++ development? I'm thinking of going to IE9, but wanted to hear feedback first.
[7 replies] Last: I doubt you'll have any problems. It all depends what you're doing. ... (by kbw)
Fibonacci

# include <iostream> using namespace std; int Fibonacci(int n) /* Fibonacci: recursive version */ { if(n<=0) return 0; else if(n==1) return 1; else { ...
[5 replies] Last: Try to be a little nicer here. my Quss? is : i need print all num... (by hanst99)
Looking for a Programmer for Video Game Server

Our server is almost ready to launch. I just need a c++ programmer with a good head on his shoulders. Video game experience is a plus. This is an MMORP emulated...
[7 replies] Last: Whats the deal? (by Ndalut)
Child button listening

Say I have a main window, a static control which is a child of the main window, and a button which is a child of the static control. How do I listen from the ma...
[4 replies] Last: Yep. I'll try that. Thanks. (by Ramses12)
Loop through checkboxes in MSVC++ 2010 Express

Hi, all. I'm trying to make a simple form in Visual C++ 2010 Express for a side-project I'm developing. I just finished a console-based C++ course in school las...
[5 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WxWidgets http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co... (by hanst99)
by HenryJ
Do any one have the source codes for a Naughts & Crosses Game

Do any one have the source codes for a Naughts & Crosses Game? If you have please send it as an email to henryjia18@yahoo.com or add it here as a comment. Tha...
[18 replies] Last: I found out how to get the program working now. There was aproblem bec... (by HenryJ)
Loading Windows TT fonts

I have a bit of trouble figuring out what names I need to pass to the typeface parameter of CreateFont to get a specific font... I have the following functio...
[2 replies] Last: Of course I did. I already said I have those fonts, right? (by hanst99)
by fabio
COM question

Hi. Why I can't create an instance of this interface implementation? class CExplorerBrowserEvents : public IExplorerBrowserEvents { public: ...
[3 replies] Last: I have to correct myself... I finally got it in VExpress and will have... (by fabio)
March 2011 Pages: 123... 8
  Archived months: [feb2011] [apr2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.