Windows Programming - March 2009 (Page 3)

win32 refference

I think, after many years of studying various win32 GUI tutorials online, I've figgured out a problem. I've gotten very good at making a blank window, or a Dial...
[2 replies] Last: Check out the Platform SDK on MSDN. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/l... (by kbw)
String comparison

I have connected to ROOT\\CIMV2 WMI namespace and after connecting run the following code. IEnumWbemClassObject* pEnumerator = NULL; hres = pSvc->Exe...
[1 reply] : Are you mixing Unicode and ASCII strings? (by kbw)
POPPING UP OF DOS WINDOW WHEN RUNNING SYSTEM() COMMAND IN C PROGRAM IN WINDOWS

Hi, I want to run a DOS command from my C program - and I can do that fine, but I want to do it without the Command Window popping up. Is there a way to do t...
[1 reply] : Never use System() Just use win32 api (Sh) (by george135)
Limit Internet Connection Speed

I've got a small business with a local server that is constantly updating and transferring files between our ftp and server I want to write an app that can can...
[2 replies] Last: thank you. Didn't knew something like this existed :-) (by goocreations)
Using a function from GetProcAddress

It seems comfortable sometimes to explicitly load a DLL, but the problem is i have no idea how to actually use the address GetProcAddress returns...that's my co...
[1 reply] : I posted an example in: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/8090/ (by kbw)
Accessing file opened in exclusive access mode by other process

Hi All, When we try to access a file which is opened in exclusive access mode (non share) by another proces (using createfile() API in windows), the access...
[no replies]
Socket()

Hi there am trying to a program that will transfer a file from my machine to my friend next door at my college I had an Idea of Sockets but in the socket funct...
[2 replies] Last: yes,Serialize! How am I going to do that (by charlie)
by Ledah
Application won't work without visual studio?

I have created my first windows application in visual c++ 2008 express edition. It compiles without any errors or warnings and runs just fine in both my compute...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the answers. I think the problem can be fixed by installing... (by Ledah)
I meet error LNK2019 and LNK1120

I recently do a bank program, the source code are as below: #include <iostream> using std::cerr; using std::cin; using std::cout; using std::endl; usin...
[3 replies] Last: you not define getAccountNumber is entity (by KeNul)
C++ Printing

__ opens a dialog box that allows users to select printers other than the default printer. A. PrintController B. PrintDialog C. PrintDocument D. PrintPrev...
[no replies]
by tander
Code can be used for both rs232 and rs485 communication?

Hi, I have done a code to open serial port for rs232 but now if I am going to change to use rs485 instead, can this code still be used?
[1 reply] : Should be able to; the only thing you potentially need to do different... (by jsmith)
by adept
Database - I need a simple one to start

I've been searching for about a week and found that no one knows how to do a database in C++ All the forums suggest trying google or microsoft which don't help....
[6 replies] Last: thanks George but I can't find them, I need links from someone. I have... (by adept)
Button & ProgressBar

hello, I have write a normal button & progressbar use normal API (create window) with background is a image. However i got problem when display it Here i...
[no replies]
traffic simulation 2D

hi, am planning 2 do a 2D traffic simulation using c++. I kinda draft a plan how to go through it.. but am not sure. maybe ur expertise can help me get the opt...
[no replies]
by akp
How to read a file from different machine on a network using its IP address

Hi All, Can any one help me how to read a file from different machine on a network. I have only IP address of other machine as input.the machine which is re...
[3 replies] Last: Well, if the file is on a share, all you need to do is open the file v... (by Skorj)
Directx graphic problem

I have this code: //Declarations and prototypes LPDIRECT3D9 d3d; // the pointer to our Direct3D interface LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 d3ddev; // the pointer t...
[4 replies] Last: Try it and see - I bet that's the only problem. If you have different... (by Skorj)
Memory mapped graphics

I'm the kind of person who likes to do everything themself... And I want to start working with graphics. I pretty much just want to be table to write my data...
[4 replies] Last: Well, typically that "video buffer" is usually a texture displayed as ... (by Skorj)
CGI

I wasn't sure where to put this but I am a programmer for a website and I generally do HTML but I need a CGI bin I consulted the books but it said go find a pro...
[1 reply] : Just search for CGI scripts...google will return a ton of them. Perl ... (by seymore15074)
Printer spooler service

Is it posible to somehow operate with the spooler service? I mean, is it possible to create a service which would take over data sent to printer spooler service...
[1 reply] : You might be digging into the realms of Windows Driver Kit. For inform... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by jrohde
Setting GroupBox background color

Hello, How might I go about changing the background color of a button control with the BS_GROUPBOX style? Thanks in advance.
[no replies]
March 2009 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [feb2009] [apr2009]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.