Windows Programming - June 2011 (Page 3)

WM_SIZE

Hi Guys, I want to create WM_SIZE message.. But I failed in some situation otherwise my code works fine.. Can anybody help me to create WM_SIZE message. I p...
[8 replies] Last: yes that should work perfectly but i think what you want to do makes n... (by bhattaroshan)
Visual Studio 2010 express and Intel C++

I have got Intel C++ v 11 and would like to set it up, the issue is it is having issues with my visual studio. Is it because i only have VC++ 2010? If so is the...
[1 reply] : I have got Intel C++ v 11 and would like to set it up, the issue is i... (by Athar)
Problem with opening files in a simple notepad project

Hello, recently i've started learning WINAPI and made my project based on http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/app_two.html but when i debug it and go to file/open ...
[4 replies] Last: ok so nothing was working and the code seemed to be ok so i decided to... (by pcultras)
menu

please i do need some help with this. I have this function, void CtestDlg::OnClickedIdhello() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here M...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry, but wrong. In Disch's words: There are 3 message box function... (by webJose)
editing values in the windows registery

I used RegOpenKeyEx to get to the location I want to change my values in the registry. I am stuck here, RegSetValueEx(hKey, "Name", 0, REG_BINARY, ????? T...
[1 reply] : BYTE data = { 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, 0x06, 0x07, 0x08 }; Reg... (by webJose)
by LB
First Attempt at Multithreading

This is my first attempt at multithreading, based on some code from MSDN. #include <iostream> using namespace std; #include <windows.h> //"For all things ...
[2 replies] Last: There's nothing wrong with the Win32 CreateThread() function. You just... (by Computergeek01)
convert method to unicode

Hi, I've found this useful method on catch22.net, which converts a string to a handle. The method is written using char instead of LPCTSTR. How do I conve...
[5 replies] Last: It uses void pointers to hide functionality and implementation. They d... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
by XDEV
getline returns odd unicode characters?

Hey guys got a quick question if you dont mind, When i run this to get the string from the file, it returns odd unicode, though the actual file that I am readin...
[4 replies] Last: ***SOLVED*** I dont know why but for some reason (probably because I ... (by XDEV)
OpenCV2.2 with DevC++

I'd imagine from reading a lot of other posts that the title would give away the question... This could very well be something I'm missing but I can't seem to ...
[no replies]
by HenryJ
How do you use Connect() in wxWidgets

Hello readers. I am trying to get this code working: ... MyPanel::MyPanel(wxFrame *parent):wxPanel(parent, wxID_ANY, wxDefaultPosition, wxDefaultSize, wxBORD...
[no replies]
multithreading not working as expected

#include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #include <process.h> int x = 0, y = 0; void myFunc( void* arg ) { for(;;) { ++x; ++y;...
[17 replies] Last: Read the topic and find out why I asked about Linux: I wanted to try ... (by webJose)
Sending mails undetected

Hi I wanted to know how can i send mails silently using my program, and how to include files in them. For example: Im creating a game ATM and i want to ma...
[12 replies] Last: On Win32 mailing is include inside COM Just use any Mail linterface (by george135)
Making a Textspace game and commands don't work!

I made this code and the commands (if statements) do NOT work. Please help! #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> int main () { char userInput ="o"; ...
[2 replies] Last: On line 33 you have a while statement that compares the userInput to l... (by demonwolf)
writing autorun path to registry not working

Hi, I'm trying to make my exe autorun at startup, so I created this function: void window::set_autorun(BOOL autorun) { HKEY reg_key = 0; LPCTSTR add...
[3 replies] Last: thanks webJose it solved the problem :) @kbw umm I'm not at that poin... (by Yours3lf)
CRecordset open Dsn Diloag VC++

Sqlcon.Format(_T("DSN=hassan;UID=has;PWD=123;APP=Microsoft\x00ae Visual Studio\x00ae 2005;WSID=DETECTIVEPC;DATABASE=stock")); database.OpenEx(Sqlcon,CDatabase:...
[no replies]
Re :- Multiple threading.

hi, I am new to multithreading in c++. i found a simple code on a site . i think i understood the essentials of multithreading after reading it but when i try...
[4 replies] Last: Or boost::thread (or std::thread) and boost::function work like none o... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
comctl32.dll corrupt file

Hi, I tried to create a listview, however when I tried to link in the comctl32.dll it gave me a linker error LNK1107, that the file is corrupt or invalid. I li...
[2 replies] Last: yeah I needed the rights thanks :) (by Yours3lf)
by BFG
Renovation Screen ?

Hello I am using Gdi+ but my screen is not clear. My Code: #include <windows.h> #include <gdiplus.h> using namespace Gdiplus; HWND ...
[2 replies] Last: Right now you're calling "BeginPaint()" everytime your window is sent ... (by Computergeek01)
menu

hi, i am trying to develop a program in C++, to bring up a dialog box, with drop down menu. please can anyone help point me in the right direction on where an...
[3 replies] Last: Here is about the very simplest way possible to create a dialog box wi... (by Lamblion)
PumpMessages

Hi, I am a beginner.I was looking on an already implemented code where they are calling this pumpMessages. Can anyone explain it in plain english about its ...
[3 replies] Last: Each thread has it's own message queue. So if you want to process Win... (by kbw)
June 2011 Pages: 12345... 8
  Archived months: [may2011] [jul2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.