Windows Programming - July 2011 (Page 6)

Access a text file from multiples programs

How can I grant that my content will not crash if multiples programs access and modify a text file, and these accesses can occur at the same time? I know tha...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for your help. (by imdibene)
help please!!!!

i want to create an windows phone application and i don't know how to convert from string in float...... using System; using System.Collections.Generic; ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks is working! (by ibancioiu)
by h9uest
Debugging win32 program with vs 2008

Hi there: With console application, we can use F10, F11 etc to check the memory status and interact with the app; I can check the variables for a win32 progr...
[5 replies] Last: @shacktar: Many thanks for the explanation and suggestions! I'll play... (by h9uest)
by h9uest
LoadCursor not working

Hi all: int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow) { WNDCLASSEX wc; HWND hwnd; MSG Msg; In...
[5 replies] Last: @All: I think I've found the reason why I can't change the cursor sha... (by h9uest)
How do I: Learn basic code.

Borland Turbo C++ 4.5 Hello, I am new to windows programming. I have learned some basic code in "windows.h" header file like this: #include <windows.h>...
[6 replies] Last: Yea, freddie1.. It's more than what you said :D (by mexists)
Is this working?Can u compile this pls?

#include <windows.h> #include <iostream> using namespace std; LRESULT CALLBACK P(HWND,UINT,WPARAM,LPARAM); int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE A,HINSTANCE B,LPS...
[2 replies] Last: And this is where I see the usefullness of code-tags completely ignore... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
compiler GCC

Well, I was program in C and had installed GCC compiler. Can I use this compiler for program in C++ too? Sorry my little english, but I'm Brazilian and I do...
[2 replies] Last: example: g++ -o program program.cpp (by writetonsharma)
by icive
MSXML - CXX0030:Error:expression cannot be evaluated.

I got a error "CXX0030:Error:expression cannot be evaluated." when I am trying to add a node into a xml file using VC++ 2010. I choose MSXML6.dll in the #im...
[no replies]
by Nile
C - can't get libcurl to work

No matter what I try I can't get it to work, please help. http://www.programmingforums.org/thread37477.html http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6590637/cygwi...
[no replies]
Windows hello word program

Unposible first program in windows enviorment and its not working Can anyone tell me whats wrong? Im using dev c++ g++ compiler? code is below : #include ...
[4 replies] Last: tnx (by Anon777)
Menus

I am working on writing a Win32 Windows Application, and I am very confused. How would I go about adding a button for new file under the "File" menu? Thanks ...
[3 replies] Last: Here's a demo of how to create menues and dialog boxes using the Windo... (by freddie1)
by Phiru
how to make a circle??

I want to make a circle with LineTo Functions. I mean i don't wanna use Elipse Functioin. i believe it is possible to make it with line. If you know, help me...
[2 replies] Last: And since Y axis on windows programming is measure from top (0) bottom... (by blackcoder41)
VSS Services API

Hi, I am trying to extract data about the current Volume Shadow Copies generated on my machine through system restore points. I can get a nice output using V...
[no replies]
Begining with win programming

Hi, I m finishing with console programming and I wish start with windows programming. Can anyone propose good website for teaching windows programming in c++?
[4 replies] Last: Thanks I was also looking for this information. (by ravigtm)
Creating a window with a border and caption

Hi everyone! I'm learning how to write my first Windows application. I've written the following code to create a window class, register it, create a window o...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. Calling DefWindowProc() was the answer to my problem. Oh, ... (by JoshuaS)
VC++ 2010 Where is Resource View?!?

In the book im reading it says go to View > Resource view but it is not in 2010. Does anyone know where to find it in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010?
[8 replies] Last: If your in college and in the CS department you may be able to get it ... (by naraku9333)
by h9uest
How often does Windows system send messages to my application?

Hi there: You write a win32 application. When user clicks a mouth, a message is generated from OS and sent to your application's queue. Then things go on, de...
[5 replies] Last: @ ALL Thank you guys very much for taking time to reply! Sorry about ... (by h9uest)
What am i doing wrong? (1,2)

Hi, i have this: case WM_PAINT: HICON hIcon; hIcon = LoadIcon(hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_ICON1)); HDC handleDeviceContext; PAINTSTRUCT Pain...
[30 replies] Last: Well, I'm not the most solid person when it comes to programming terms... (by Lamblion)
by vkash
book for windows programming.

which book is good for windows programming in C++. That book should not based on visual C++
[2 replies] Last: What 'type' of Windows programming are you after? System programming, ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Problem with Visual C++

Hey all, When I run the following code it works in eclipse and netbeans but not in visual C++. Is there something I'm missing? It keep saying I'm missing par...
[14 replies] Last: Is there a difference that could've made errors? In your other prog... (by shacktar)
July 2011 Pages: 1... 4567
  Archived months: [jun2011] [aug2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.