Windows Programming - July 2009 (Page 4)

[c++/cli] UnauthorizedAccessException while opening the exe file

I just finished my application - it works properly when im trying to open it on different computer im suffering this problem (after opening the exe file): ...
[4 replies] Last: As I understand it (more so with Vista), the files in ‘Program Files... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Posting Messages

Hi, I'm trying to make a program that can change user input. When user hits 'L' key my program posts a message that 'K' key was pressed. Something like this:...
[2 replies] Last: > meaning it will have to exist in a DLL that your application will l... (by george135)
malloc() declaration

I'm trying to learn the lower level techniques, and I'm having trouble with malloc() on this particular type. That is, this code works fine... char (*chChr) ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that works well. (by Lamblion)
Running dll file on two different computers

Hi I've created a .dll file in C++ which is used on different computers. The problem is that is runs on one of them but not on the other computer. Does ...
[1 reply] : What are the symptoms? What error messages do you get? If it has ... (by Duthomhas)
[c++/cli] how to put String^ into array<String^>^

hi everyone, as in title... Is there any possibility to put this: String^ text into this: array<String^>^ tab like e.g. string "c++" into tab ="c" tab...
[2 replies] Last: this is what i was looking for, kinda missing link, ok thx a lot Grey ... (by johnkravetzki)
Pass Structure

I've been told there's no way to do this, but maybe I was misunderstood... struct BOOKS { char lpBook ; int iBook; }; That's a global dec...
[18 replies] Last: std::copy() is a member-wise version of memcpy. memcpy() is a bit-wis... (by jsmith)
how can know the file is using?

how can know the file is using? for example i want to check happy.txt is using by another process or not ? and can we know which proccess is using it? ...
[2 replies] Last: hello, george can u have an example of how to Enumerate User Handle... (by chiwing)
bitmap resource problem in DLL

hello, I have a main application and two DLL's, one that contains a set of functions to display bitmaps, and one that creates a thread that runs a splash screen...
[3 replies] Last: You have to specify the DLL's HINSTANCE handle with LoadBitmap () -... (by Duthomhas)
by chris
static with legend

I've been trying this for a while now & I cannot seem to figure out how to do it. What I am looking to achieve is a what is the same affect as HTML: <fieldset...
[no replies]
How to call a class member function via function pointer in map [C++]

I'm trying to declare a std::map that is keyed by a char and has a function pointer as a second parameter, these functions would be a member function of my clas...
[3 replies] Last: or just mark the code and klick the "#"-button to the right;)... (by Incubbus)
by Beibin
String to floating point conversion problem

I'm making an application in C++, using Windows Forms in Visual Studio 2008. I need to get a decimal number from a text box, but since it returns a string, I ha...
[3 replies] Last: Grey Wolf's method worked perfectly! Thank you all for the help! (by Beibin)
listening for keyboard input regardless of window focus?

i'm building and application that listens for keyboard input (when the program is in the background) and then does various tasks when a certain key is pressed. ...
[1 reply] : http://www.google.com/search?btnI=1&q=msdn+SetWindowsHookEx FWIW I ... (by Duthomhas)
Distort a Bitmap / resizing

I'm looking for a way to distort a Bitmap photo. I'm working with DevC++ and Allegro to create a game. I want to turn a square photo I have in Bitmap format ...
[8 replies] Last: Thanx for the help it is really appreciated but I'm just going to writ... (by Crypt36)
Finding number of files

I am using FindFirstFile()/FindNextFile() to get the number of files of a specific type in a folder. Then I am creating a dynamic string array based on the n...
[8 replies] Last: Oops, I was thinking about something else. Never mind, kbw's right. (by Kiana)
what is the correct positon of filepointer, in this project?

wstring receives_data ; receives_data.resize(20); DWORD Byte_already_read ; SetFilePointer(check_file, 172, NULL, FILE_BEGIN); ReadFil...
[4 replies] Last: never never never never NEVER read directly to a string or wstring or ... (by Disch)
playing cards images display problem

hi, I'm writing a simple bridge(cards) application using Windows Forms C++ (VS2008) Dealing hands, sorting within hands work fine. To display the images i'm us...
[11 replies] Last: ok i've done it... first i initialize handlers for each picturebox in ... (by johnkravetzki)
How to get process id

Hi, How to get process id of any running process by its name in windows.
[6 replies] Last: Found this while helping someone else, hope it helps you. It's written... (by Kiana)
problem with process enumeration

I have this code here: #include "windows.h" #include "Tlhelp32.h" #include "shellapi.h" #include <wchar.h> #include <fstream> bool enumProcesses(); ...
[1 reply] : First of all.. if( hSnapshot == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE ) This is one... (by Kiana)
by macla
control disk I/O

Hi, How to control disk I/O for partcular application in windows.
[no replies]
July 2009 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2009] [aug2009]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.