Windows Programming - July 2009 (Page 3)

by macla
How to get local disk used space

Hi How to get local disk ( c:\ or d:\ ) used space in windows. Any API ?
[3 replies] Last: See the classic MSDN code for GetDiskFreeSpaceEx in the KB (by george135)
How do i make an app final

like most here, im new-ish to programming. Im using Microsoft visual studio c++ express. i can build a program with tutorials, but it closes out on me from the ...
[4 replies] Last: heh, yer right. Run the program from the console. (by Duthomhas)
by asitis
get all windows local users

Hi guys I am trying to populate a combobox with all local users that I can get from a computer running Windows XP. Does anyone know a method that I can use t...
[2 replies] Last: Unless I'm mistaken, aren't they all stored somewhere in the registry? (by Kiana)
by Kiana
Getting available RAM with GlobalMemoryStatus()/GlobalMemoryStatusEx() ?

#include <windows.h> #include <tchar.h> #include <stdio.h> #define MEGABYTE (1024 * 1024) DWORD GetTotalRAM() { MEMORYSTATUS MemoryStatus; ZeroMem...
[no replies]
Data access denied after Deployment

Hi all, I'm fairly new to programming windows so I hope this question doesn't sound stupid. I'm working on a Windows Forms App that can save and load data to ...
[2 replies] Last: The file can be moved anywhere. Thanks for that thread. The program ... (by zyankali)
calling application

Hi! How can I obtain the name of applications accessing my dll pls?
[7 replies] Last: Har... The easiest way to get the file name of the applications tha... (by Duthomhas)
OLEAUT32.dll

Anyone have any idea what this dll is for and what may cause it to produce an error?
[1 reply] : COM DLL It doesn't "produce any error" : it's your code which can pro... (by george135)
Understanding The Return

I created a tabbed window in a modeless dialog procedure (I pinned the tabbed window to the dialog box) and in the TCN_SELCHANGE switch I returned TRUE to it, a...
[no replies]
Text box

How could I create a text box, which accepts input and stores it somehow (like in an array or a string) so that I can output it to a text file? I want to do the...
[1 reply] : To create a textbox use CreateWindow with "edit" as class name http://... (by Bazzy)
Intercept error windows and close

Hi! I need to create a little and simple tool that run in background on a machine with simulation ambient. The simulation sometimes generate an error message ...
[no replies]
Basic Win32

I'm currently reading a book (beginning game programming) and I'm having some issues with a program compiling but I'm not getting any output. I don't have any b...
[7 replies] Last: I must have... It sucks that I gotta wait till next yr for my windows ... (by blak422)
Automatically Execute Program

I have a file processing utility I've created and I need it to execute every day at a specific time to process data. What would be the best way to do this on w...
[5 replies] Last: If it was up to me I would add command line switches to the App, then ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
OpenGL lib

I need a download of OpenGL.lib, glu.lib, and glut.lib. I downloaded the glut37 file from the OpenGL site and it didn't have them. I googled for 3 hours and got...
[5 replies] Last: GLUT is the OpenGL Utility kit and is not prepackaged with VC++. You ... (by Return 0)
Problem with Visual C++ and SVN icons visualization

Hello guys, I'm using Tortoise SVN here so my workspace files have that green ticks on them, you know. But recently I installed Visual C++, and it changed my ...
[no replies]
by vRltwE
Visual Studio & Netbeans

Hi, I prefer to program using Netbeans, but recently a downloaded an api (PortController_NET_CLR20_v21_Trial) that need visual studio. The question is, th...
[1 reply] : there is some way I can compile it using Netbeans? I doubt it. ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by Terron
Alternatives to Microsoft Detours Professional

Hi! I need to intercept GDI function to save painted screen to hard drive. I have tried Microsoft Detours. Everything is good, but I need 64-bit version (De...
[1 reply] : I've already found a solution : BoxedApp SDK. Thanx to Fred! _http://... (by Terron)
how to delete a word from a file?

how to delete a word from a file? the delete address is filepointer = 32 can u give an example? thanks
[6 replies] Last: To write string line by line use escape http://www.cplusplus.com/fo... (by chiwing)
by Gerald
Win32 or .NET Framework advice please?

Hello, A few weeks back I joined this site and received some wonderful help. So thanks once again to those that replied. Briefly, I was just getting into C++ a...
[4 replies] Last: You should avoid turorials (written by kids, not professional, there i... (by george135)
How do I get started with windows programming?

So I've read through all of the tutorials on the site and I was just curious on how people make windowed programs. I don't think I'm quite ready for that but I ...
[4 replies] Last: The Forger site he referred you to is good, but there are a GREAT MANY... (by Lamblion)
sending email using CDO

Hi. I've been trying to send an email using CDO (Collaboration Data Objects) using C++. Unfortunately, there isn't much help on the net; most of the info availa...
[2 replies] Last: Thx for the reply. I found a couple more samples on the link provided,... (by geogauci)
July 2009 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2009] [aug2009]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.