Windows Programming - July 2009 (Page 2)

Mouse Input (in WinAPI)

If I am not mistaken, there are 2 ways to get mouse input: 1. Use the keyboard messages (WM_KEYDOWN, WM_KEYUP, etc.) with the virtual key codes corresponding...
[5 replies] Last: Yeah but isn't that to input to other programs? Or am I thinking of so... (by chrisname)
Dialog Box & Progress Bar

I've never done this before so I'd appreciate some advice on the best way to it. I get list box items from a list box, put them into a string, then write them t...
[4 replies] Last: That seems like a good site, but I'll be darned if I can find anything... (by Lamblion)
BROWSEINFO & pidlRoot

I can't figure out how to get the string of a folder location into pidlRoot of a BROWSEINFO structure for SHBrowseForFolder(). I think I have to call another fu...
[5 replies] Last: What did you search on? And you found the instruction/code that shows ... (by Lamblion)
Visual C++ 2008 Debugging error

So today my friend asked me to help him make an introduction to a 2D game we might make at some point. So I started reading up on SDL; which we're going to use ...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks! That looks like a good place for me to explore as well. (by Lamblion)
problems associated with void pointers

Hi every1 I am having sme problems with the void pointers.. plz any1 can describe my why deletion of void pointers is problematic? help would be appreciated....
[1 reply] : Because the compiler doesn't know the size of the type pointed to. Ea... (by Bazzy)
by msn92
MFC: Load image from the web into CImage

Hi everybody! I need to load a jpeg image from the web into CImage for later adding it into CImageList. CImage::Load(LPCTSTR pszFileName); can be used ...
[no replies]
by tazz25
Title Bar Button in DirectX

I am going through a DirectX tutorial and my title bar buttons, namely Minimize, Maximize, and Close, are missing... Here is the code that I think it would be i...
[6 replies] Last: Hmm... yeah it looks like it would. Though it says you can't use WS_EX... (by tazz25)
by mdk
Server side coding for NTLM

My Windows based application ( basically an HTTP/1.1 proxy server) listens for requests from various users. Presently it is able to send a 407 Basic Challenge, ...
[no replies]
Program Skin

I was recently wondering about creating programs that use custom skins however I don't know where to start with this. Mainly I need to know if each part of a UI...
[2 replies] Last: I am definitely looking more at the second example. I tried the first ... (by Dudester)
by amyn
what free shareware GUI to use for Windows ?

Hi, I've been writing some C codes using gcc in the UNIX environment but have limited experience on the Windows environment. I figure I can still write with ...
[1 reply] : If you used cross platform GUI libraries on Unix, you can use them on ... (by Bazzy)
Strange win32 memory problem

I am having a very interesting problem with one of my very simple win32 applications. The whole thing is basically the auto-generated project that Visual C++ g...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks kbw. I guess that I didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize th... (by benzensulfonic)
Convert from DWORD to LPCWSTR

I am having an issue where I need to display a DWORD in a message box, but I cannot to save my life figure out how to do it. I know that MessageBox() takes in ...
[5 replies] Last: I tried jmc's code and it worked. Thanks! -George (by benzensulfonic)
Progress Bar Color

The following has no effect... SendMessage(hProgBarWnd, PBM_SETBARCOLOR, 0, (LPARAM)(COLORREF)RGB(0,0,255)); I've set as one of my flags for INITCOMMONC...
[1 reply] : I was informed elsewhere that if Themes are on then this flag doesn't ... (by Lamblion)
by Terron

Hi! I want to create an application that creates small avatars from flash movies. How to solve this task better? It seems that I should receive each change of ...
[4 replies] Last: We'll be AJAX.com before you know it BWAHAHAHAHAHA (by chrisname)
by jupe
Problems with freeing memory

Hello programmers, After some time I started with c++ again or actually I was always using mostly C and now I am dealing with crushing program and cant find ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks very much, but it didn't actually helped :( for now I just comm... (by jupe)
by Terron
Exporting 3rd party app

Hello! A have third-party app, which takes configuration from registry and I have no installation pack. Now I need to make it runable on other PCs without an...
[1 reply] : Recently I've found BoxedApp Packer. http://boxedapp.com/ It costs m... (by Terron)
by kingis
SetSel problem in dialog

Hi, In my program i got a few edit control box in my dialog. I want when the user click on each edit control box , it will auto highlight the text inside. Af...
[1 reply] : If you have the handle to the edit control box, then you can send a me... (by chris)
Dev C++ Linker Error!

(C++) I am trying to use a library called LIBWMP3. I tryed to link using Dev-C++ but I get a linking error. Here is the code and the error. #include <cstdl...
[6 replies] Last: Yes that is the site, here is the version I downloaded: libwmp3-2.51-w... (by favor929)
change font on spincontrol

Is there a way to change the arrows on the MFC's spin control to something else (like plus/minus signs)? Thanks in advance.
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. I already have it set up as a button with + or ... (by croakiepie)
Mouse Input in WinAPI

mouse buttons have virtual keycodes (VK_LBUTTON, etc.). Can I use them instead of using the mouse messages? If yes, Do I need to send the mouse messages to DefW...
[7 replies] Last: I'm confused. Are you asking to send mouse input to another applicatio... (by chrisname)
July 2009 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jun2009] [aug2009]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.