Windows Programming - January 2022

Adding up or down arrow to Listview column headings

Is there a way to display a graphical up or down arrow in a ListView column heading to indicate which way the column is sorted? Or can I color the pixels withi...
[10 replies] Last: It might be utf 32. For utf 16 see: https://www.fileformat.info/info/... (by coder777)
WM_NOTIFY code

So, I have an app that gets a LVN_COLUMNCLICK code (I clicked a ListView header button). The WM_NOTIFY message occurs and goes thru the code to do a sort that ...
[3 replies] Last: this is worse than usual, even by M$ standards. Wow. This sort of ... (by seeplus)
mouse position in console

need position relative to console window not relative to total screen
[16 replies] Last: I have finally reached success. Here is the mouse() function that wor... (by GeorgeSnyder)
by kbw
For Unix/Linux C programmers, a quick guide to Windows programming?

If you're developing on Windows, I'd recommend Visual Studio, forget all that GNU stuff here. Want common makefiles? CMake.
[6 replies] Last: Learn C++ has an online introductory tutorial for working with the Vis... (by George P)
Sorting ListView columns

OK. I've tried to research the best way to sort a ListView column with no clear answer. The best answer may be to create the various ListView tables manually a...
[5 replies] Last: I don't want to change the order. I want to be able to sort the colum... (by coder777)
wWinMain entry point warning (1,2)

I've been getting a 'Inconsistent annotation for 'wWinMain' warning for a long while now and I decided to look into it. My entry point currently looks like thi...
[25 replies] Last: I don't use make files much. Seems *nix folks are especially big on t... (by freddie1)
Disabling UP and DOWN key in ListView

When the user clicks on an item in a ListView table, how can I disable the UP and DOWN keys? I have them doing nothing, but I want the highlighted item not to ...
[6 replies] Last: Apparently, the only way to reset all the controls within a ListView b... (by dodge55)
by MickH
Unable to close and end Windows Forms app

Forum - I have a small WinForms app which inputs video from a webcam and displays the video in a pictureBox control. I'm using Visual C++ 2008 Windows Forms bas...
[3 replies] Last: coder777 - thanks for the reply, I didn't even think about blocking. I... (by MickH)
  Archived months: [dec2021] [feb2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.