Windows Programming - January 2011

2-Dimensional Array issue

I'm attempting to build a program to solve a http://projecteuler.net/index.php?section=problems&id=11 Project Euler problem using a 2-dimensional array. I've lo...
[5 replies] Last: Just a little tip: prefer using < DIM rather than <= DIM-1 so that the... (by moorecm)
Win32 GDI Double Buffering

Hi. I want to use Double Buffering to a program I wrote. This works like it should, but it looks bad PAINTSTRUCT ps; RECT rect; GetClientRect(hwnd, ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you. It's working now. :) I didn't know that I really need the H... (by Cojones)
by ajitm
verify after copying

Hi All I have a query related to verification performed while coping. So anybody can tell me how this verification is performed bit by bit or any link relat...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks to all for your reply. (by ajitm)
Bitmaps Operations

Dear all, I am a student who got an internship within specialized Image processing company, I've been appointed on a legacy software that needs some improve...
[no replies]
by joshky
Brightness Controls

I need a way to control the brightness in a separate program. I.E. if there is a game which displays at too low a brightness even when the brightness is set to...
[no replies]
by HenryJ
How do you convert char [11] to int [10]

I have this bit of code here: char answer1 ; int answer2 ; ... for(initializer=0;initializer<10;initializer++) answer2 =atoi(answer1 ); ... and it ...
[4 replies] Last: First of all, you are converting 1 byte to 4 byte array. So try this..... (by komp11)
Did you know?

That windows does not place the WM_SYSCOMMAND message or the WM_DESTROY message in the queue? If you try to intercept these messages in the message by via Msg.m...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for pitching in guestgulkan, hopefully others can add to this. (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
Who likes comboboxes? lol

So you want to learn how to make combo boxes? Here is a program that uses one and many other windows controls such as EDIT, buttons, etc. // ComboBox.cpp ...
[1 reply] : The storing pointers in window memory stuff is very handy, I learned t... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
hey all again, i've been away for some time.

I was busy re-writing my game from scratch and worked on some other interesting projects. My game is complete and i'm testing it across many times before upload...
[5 replies] Last: Oh yeah, did I tell you about my extrememly fast number counter? LOL! ... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
by holtaf
Directx .x format

I know that this isn't the right place for this question but however who can tell me how can i create .x file using 3Ds Max? Or if i can't ,then can i convert ...
[3 replies] Last: You can actually write .X files with notepad but I doubt you want too ... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
Removing the scrollbar from Dev C++ console windows

Hi all, I just would like to know how to remove the scrollbar from the Dev-C++ compiled console applications. Can you tell me? Thanks in advance
[4 replies] Last: I am about to make a simple "user interface", which wouldn't look good... (by haveaniceday)
Very imple GUI variable replacement

Hi, I need a way to (using a GUI) have a window with 12 buttons, each of which (when clicked), will first insert a set line of text into a variable, then dis...
[4 replies] Last: #include <Windows.h> // Include all the code in the Windows.h file in... (by some random dude)
Some Doubt in C Socket

First,I makes one program to scan the destination host port. But I found some interesting in it. The destination host is open 80 port. When the program sc...
[1 reply] : Security reasons. http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers (by hanst99)
Link Error with MinGW?

Currently trying to get into windows programming with C. I've written a makefile like this: CC = mingw32-gcc RC = windres LDFLAGS = -lgdi32 -mwindows BI...
[no replies]
sendmessage() problem

I am simply trying to change the text of an open window, in this case notepad. The text of notepad gets changed but to chinese characters, not the english char...
[4 replies] Last: freddie, with yours I still had to insert the L before the strings but... (by closed account zwA4jE8b)
use joystick with program?

Hi I would like to somehow use a controller with my program. The code below is what I've tried to compile from this site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...
[6 replies] Last: Ok it compiled. Thanks! (by cyberpirate)
trouble understanding getText()

If someone wouldn't mind, I need to VERY simple examples of: getText() getting data from a CMD getText() getting data from a .txt file I'm just trying t...
[no replies]
by ToniAz
Simple WIN API Application (1,2)

Hello Everyone! I am very new to windows form applications. I believe it's really elegant to incorporate a friendly GUI with a language like C++. But the thi...
[36 replies] Last: You must be looking at debug builds TonyAz. My non-bloated version ab... (by freddie1)
by ajitm
To change the drive letter without restarting machine

Hi! I have written code to change name of the drive, for example drive 'D' to drive 'E' it runs successfully but to reflect the changes i need to restart my ma...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks to everyone for your valuable time. (by ajitm)
Problem exporting boost.variant from dll

Hi, all. I have a boost::variant problem. I have a dll to which I've added a couple classes using boost::variant. Everything compiles fine, but during build,...
[5 replies] Last: Found it. I had a problem in a class declaration that was using Varia... (by yetanothertom)
January 2011 Pages: 123... 7
  Archived months: [dec2010] [feb2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.