Windows Programming - January 2009 (Page 3)

Puzzled Student

Hi im really confused with c language programming.Im a middle school student and our instructor wanted us to make a program that will display the following: ...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you for this website. I did 6 of the problems, and currently stu... (by hannad)
Constants...?

I'm busy editing a DirectX code to create a game. I'm a beginner, so the source code may and will be messy, but that doesn't matter for now. I'm fighting aga...
[2 replies] Last: Its clear: the compiler doesn't like to have a constant redeclared...... (by Dacster13)
Need information on Visual C++ program

I recently just downloaded it and have written my "Hello world" text. I am totally new to programming, and I wanted to know, now that I have written the code ho...
[1 reply] : If you've made a proper solution/project. You can press the play butto... (by Zaita)
voice command

hi all.. i just wondering, can anybody tell me, how to make a simple voice command using visual c++, or maybe speech recognition using neuro network?? n...
[1 reply] : You should google for, "voice recognition patterns", "voice analysis" ... (by Zaita)
Macro in a DLL

This might be a little too much to ask, but i'm going to go through with it anyway. I have a .dll containing a class that can work with both SBCS and Unicode. P...
[4 replies] Last: Microsoft's original approach to programatic support for Unicode was t... (by kbw)
How Can I Disable Maximize Button for Console Window? C++

I need to make my console application in a fixed size window & disable the maximize button. Can you give me any suggestions please? I tried to do the followi...
[11 replies] Last: Actually, I did search for it in google. And the best article you can ... (by Zaita)
by jorijo
Class hierarchy

Hi I have the following inheritance hierachy in my project: interface<-utilizador<-funcionario<-gestor Funcionario e Gestor inherit the methods from inter...
[4 replies] Last: I had a syntax error but now it's fixed... PS. didnt post the code ... (by jorijo)
by Jeevs
Displaying Variables In New Form

Hi to all, I am having trouble displaying a variable in a new window via the use of a button so when it is clicked a new window is opened and then the varibale ...
[2 replies] Last: Ive got the new forms to work but i also have a back button on there w... (by Jeevs)
by Gonen
Question about the clipboard

Hey people. I wrote the this code : #include <windows.h> #include <iostream> using namespace std; bool isClipboardEmpty() { if (CountClipboard...
[13 replies] Last: Not that method. The method to handle clipboard updates... (by george135)
by Jeevs
Detecting Windows Operating System

Hi to all, I am trying to detect which Windows Operating System is running on the machine, eg Windows XP, Windows 2003 etc. I have the following code but does n...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply guys much appreciated got it to work :D Thanks a... (by Jeevs)
Any design pattern to manage HTTP request?

Hi guys, I'm working at a WebServer project that it receives a lot of HTTP requests,Yet these requests are not belong to a family. Each HTTP request requi...
[no replies]
Work with winBGIm in C::B

Hi everybody, Our master is teaching his C++ cource with Borland C++. Till now I was using GCC (in linux) and CodeBlocks(in windows) for training. When he tea...
[2 replies] Last: The undefined reference means you have not correctly linked the requir... (by Zaita)
by antony
g++ is not recognizing library files

Hi All, I am creating c++ client to access j2ee web service. I am using g++ compiler. I have used following command. C:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cy...
[6 replies] Last: Hi, Thanks for your information.I am working with windows pla... (by antony)
by Roko1
Problem with windows sockets ...

Hi. I have a problem with my SDI application. When I start Telnet, I can connect or disconnect to my server app with no problems, but when I send something to i...
[no replies]
how to retrive device driver's inf files.

Happy New Year Guys! My task: to retrieve a list of all device drivers on the system. Required details: List of device drivers should contain, driver name...
[3 replies] Last: You must use an NNTP server of course... (provider one, free ones like... (by george135)
Executable metadata

How can i write executable metadata such as version and descrition? I hinted I have to use resource files but I don't know the exact process. P.S. I'm using...
[2 replies] Last: Thx a lot :D (by LoLFactor)
fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals

CODE: hello.cpp // include the basic windows header file #include <windows.h> #include <windowsx.h> // the WindowProc function prototype LRESULT CALLBA...
[5 replies] Last: I don't know what when wrong when your project settings - but I'm sure... (by guestgulkan)
count how many times a number has been used in a column

Hi; (using C++) I am trying to count how many times a number is used in a column, example: 23 45 67 45 67 89 23 45 67 this is the file I would like t...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you gamebuster and yes I have the numbers in a text file so the... (by happyboulder)
by Jeevs
Retreiving Memory Status Using Visual Studio 2008

Hi to all, I am currently developing a simple program which analyses system hardware such as processor speed etc.I am having problems with retreiving system mem...
[7 replies] Last: No problems mate =) (by chris)
January 2009 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [dec2008] [feb2009]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.