Windows Programming - February 2011 (Page 5)

Multiple Declarations in Windows.h

Hi Everyone, I have an issue getting certain headers from the Win32 API to work together. Even when I declare the actual path to the Win7 DDK that I have downlo...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, that "COM Crap" is what I'm trying to work with\learn, and I'm s... (by Computergeek01)
creating header files

Hi ,I am new to this forum and hope someone help me. My question is about how can I make a header file and give it to another programmer to make use of it. the...
[1 reply] : Compile it as a (static or dynamic) library, so you can distribute it ... (by Bazzy)
Which way should i draw a BMP/JPG

Which way is the simplest to show a BMP/JPG on the entire client area...BUT!, to keep the window drag-able from the client area, not not the title bar. Thank...
[5 replies] Last: Load your bitmap in maybe winmain or WM_CREATE. // load our bitmap ... (by blackcoder41)
WinSocket tutorial

Does anyone know a good book or tutorial about windows socket programing? I can't find anything good.
[2 replies] Last: This is great tutorial ,but it using linux, not windows. http://www.r... (by holtaf)
read a homepage

Hello i have this code i´m newbie i want to read a homepage in this window instead of the hello text say like www.google.com i hope you can help me #in...
[3 replies] Last: Thats what I was referring too but i've never use it so I wont talk ab... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
by Gerd
how to rewrite a standard C++ code in C++/CLI

Hello, How is it possible to rewrite a code with standard C++ pointers to C++/CLI. I have a tree structure composed of standard c++ objects in which the o...
[no replies]
by gilit2
call c++ from c#

what is the techniuqe to call c++ functions from c# ? I need code example for it , to see how to pass and get the parameters and arguments. and instru...
[1 reply] : This question would be more appropriate on a C# forum (by Bazzy)
by gilit2
win FORM app - How do I connect it to my software

Hi I have a c++ software. I use visual studio express 2010. I want to use forms to enter the data into my software , and also make form manual. I op...
[4 replies] Last: The question was using winform . regarding the refering to the contro... (by gilit2)
Convert Binary String to Hex String

Ok, I've searched on google for a few hours now, and nothing is working how I want it to. I have this binary string: std::string sBinary = "0000000000000...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys, will test them when I can. (by some random dude)
Question

How i can use USB with c++ or c ?????
[2 replies] Last: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff540196(v=VS.85).aspx --- See... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
Make a windows app. + random number prob

Okay so I'm making a variant on the game called 30 seconds, but the only thing the program I'm making needs to do is pick 5 random words and display them, it's ...
[3 replies] Last: Oh sorry (by holtaf)
Direct3D success!! My first rotating teapot!

I was having tons of problems trying to figure out materials and lighting under Direct3D9, last night I made tons of progress after fooling around so much. I us...
[2 replies] Last: The MinGW compiler with the DevPak for Dev-C++. I created a fake Dev-C... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
New NotePad Document

Okay, im making a program where you enter some text, and then the text you entered is stored in a new NotePad Document and stored In My Documents. Does anybody ...
[1 reply] : You can use fstream example #include<fstream> using namespace s... (by holtaf)
by fortis
Window Redraw

I wrote a program which gets an image from the clipboard and draw's it inside the program window.But my problem is that the window itself is not redrawing.I'm u...
[2 replies] Last: WM_DRAW message ?? The follwing worked for me. case WM_PAINT: ... (by guestgulkan)
Create stylish windows (transparency, fancy buttons)

Hi, I'm using C++ without MFC nor ATL, to create a popup, opening from a DLL loaded in Internet Explorer as Browser Helper Object (all versions from IE7, fro...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. I tested what they indicate in the link you ... (by vjrabanelly)
Incremental Backup by detecting modified Blocks

Can anybody help with different approaches identifying modified disk blocks in a filesystem? Is there any way to get list of modified blocks on filesystem and b...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks!! I want to detct the modified backups since last backup(ful... (by Vrushali)
WM_KEYDOWN from a editbox? Get the key?

Hi I am trying to get the specific key that's pressed when a editbox have the focus or gets the focus. I tried the WM_KEYDOWN/UP, but that isn't sent whe...
[13 replies] Last: right about the cpu power but if you control it the right way you shou... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
setting the mouse speed

Does anyone know a function to slow down the mouse?
[1 reply] : That would be SystemParametersInfo (with the action SPI_SETMOUSESPEED)... (by Athar)
Access token from account name or SID

Hi, I have a service that eventually needs to place some files in application data directories associated to a Windows account. To obtain the path to such direc...
[no replies]
Defference between 'WaitForSingleObject' and 'EnterCriticalSection' functions?

Please tell me the Defference between 'WaitForSingleObject' and 'EnterCriticalSection' functions. If I want to protect a single variable across threads what sh...
[1 reply] : WaitForSingleObject waits for a synchronisataion object to be signalle... (by kbw)
February 2011 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [jan2011] [mar2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.