Windows Programming - February 2011 (Page 4)

Maybe I'm going about this wrong

Ok I'm putting aside what little I have done and I am starting over for now. What is the best way is the best way to poll for a list of computers in a specific ...
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa772170(v=vs.85).aspx http... (by Zaita)
Global Parameters for application launch

Okay, so I am trying to get a Windows form app attached to a website that will have accounts. What I want is to pass the account name used in the web instance t...
[no replies]
by ToniAz
Modifying Program Options

Hello Everyone! There are a lot of frame based programs, I don't know if the naming is correct, but what I have in mind is something like Internet Explorer.....
[3 replies] Last: Use this sample from MSDN: BOOL IsUserAdmin(VOID) /*++ Routine ... (by modoran)
by meesa
[C++] Creating an edit box with my own procedure? (1,2)

Here's what I need: I have many edit boxes, enough to where I needed to use a scroll function so that my window was super long. However, this leads to the issue...
[26 replies] Last: Okay, for future viewers, here is the code I came up with to move the ... (by meesa)
detect spacebar in shell

Hey, This is going to be a little different. I'v been working in a little project that is supposed to display file info, if you were to press the spacebar whi...
[3 replies] Last: wow, that seems like it might work. I'll try that as soon as I can. I ... (by vvMINOvv)
i dont no where my mistake is in these codes

i am new with c++,i am trying to make a header file .h , .c ,and a .cpp file and then comoile them togeather in order to use the .h header file in the .cpp fil...
[2 replies] Last: dev c++ Please use a Newer IDE (such as Code::Blocks) You cho... (by king214)
BRUSH displayed wrong with vc++ but not with dev-c++?

Hi I have a little problem with my brushes, when they display they are outside the region of the buttons like in this img: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman02/...
[8 replies] Last: lol sorry I exploded at you. You didn't deserve it. There's just t... (by Disch)
My game is out of control!

I need help on this one. I've been writing code to try to get my game to run at the same speed in all different types of systems. As I understand it, I need to ...
[15 replies] Last: I will implement it into the game and see it how it plays out. Thanks ... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
by Null
Send email (sockets)

Hello, I want to send email in C++ using sockets: #include "io.h" #include "winsock2.h" /* WSAGetLastError, WSAStartUp */ #define snprintf _snpri...
[15 replies] Last: Why don't you use a library? (by kbw)
WM_PAINT after WM_SIZE ?

Is every WM_SIZE message followed by a WM_PAINT message ? If yes, then what will be the coordinates of the clipping rectangle ?
[2 replies] Last: Thank You.!! (by sunny712)
Where do I?

Hi, Where could I start with C++ to learn more about creating applications, I have the basic skills for C++, I have a simple WINAPI and I would like to continue...
[5 replies] Last: That would have to be C++/CLI as C++ is not a .net language. I h... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Multi-Threading Questions

Where I can get good Interview questions related to Multi-Threading? FAQ will also Help.
[no replies]
Tray icon, not displaying?

Hi I have a little problem with my tray icon, I fill the NOTIFYICONDATA struct with all the information I need and use Shell_NotifyIcon() to add a icon to tray...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, the .rc is in my project, the icon works for my main window and t... (by zypronix)
Best Way to save settings

Hey! Im making a program, but this program has to have settings that are memorized everytime it boots up. For example, if There is a choice between Division, ...
[2 replies] Last: Or in windows registry, it is your choice. (by modoran)
Creating NEW notepad Doc.

Okay, i know how to edit the contents of a notepad document, but how do i create a brand new one? and when i start to edit an old one, (one that was already ma...
[15 replies] Last: // Displays text on the screen at x & y using given color void TxtOu... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
C++ semaphore count seems not work

I create a semaphore and use ReleaseSemaphore to check the previous count. but everytime I got 0. any clue ? HANDLE hSemaphore = CreateSemaphore(NULL, 0...
[no replies]
Visual Studio C++ (2008)and MySQL

Hi guys, I am a newbie here. Im having problems with setting up MySQL in the Visual Studio C++ environment. I read this thread: http://www.cplusplus.com...
[2 replies] Last: Are you using Visual Studio or Dev C++ - can we be clear on that point... (by guestgulkan)
Issue with getting the mouse co-ordinates

.exe file download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xecn55 source code: //Includes #include <windows.h> //Defines #define ErrorMessageBox(a,b) MessageBo...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, it worked (You most likely already knew that lol) (by some random dude)
by ToniAz
Game DLL Files

Hello Again! I have another question: A game needs libraries to support DirectX, but these files are copied to windows folder... Is there a way to place ...
[no replies]
Boost Math Libraries & Visual C++

Getting pretty good at reading errors and fixing them but I am going to give you a snippet of code and the error and maybe you can help me out. Code: //i...
[2 replies] Last: D:\My Doc2\CodeBlocks\CE Programs\Calcnew\boost/math/complex/asin.hpp... (by Toothkiller)
February 2011 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [jan2011] [mar2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.