Windows Programming - February 2011 (Page 3)

Custom Window Colour

Is it possible to use a custom window colour instead of COLOR_BACKGROUND or the other defined window colours?
[5 replies] Last: A word of advice that I learned the hard way. When you create a brush ... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
cant modify edit box text

Hi, I have created an 'edit' window using the following line: edit = CreateWindow("EDIT", "", WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILDWINDOW | WS_BORDER | ES_CENTER, 4, 4, 296,...
[3 replies] Last: UberTron is correct. The editbox will not work right with out Translat... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
using system function in c++ to create a coursework submission system

I looked at the various forums on thissite and i found a few that helped me and i looked at tuturials but I am still lost and confused.. we have to write a prog...
[1 reply] : Well, we can help you with specific problems, but the code you posted ... (by Athar)
by hasula
wxWidget~How to GetSelectedRows()

hi everyone, im stuck in this froblem for long....., i use wxWidget, but cant find an information about how to use wxGrid functions i fail to use GetSelected...
[no replies]
video processing in C++ / C

hi, I basically wanted to know how to write codecs in C/C++ for the .mp4 format. Is it even possible...? Also where can i find what's there in the mp4 fil...
[1 reply] : Of course it is possible, but keep in mind that mp4 is MUCH more compl... (by Abramus)
by joshky
Threading Problem

I am trying to build a simple media player. I want it to show the current position in the file, so I decided to try out threading. When it starts the thread, ...
[12 replies] Last: What I ended up doing was to have a positionupdate() method that calls... (by joshky)
64 bit applications confusing me

I made a couple of 32 bit programs a while ago but now I want to port them to 64 bits. I managed to write some brutally simple console apps but anything that li...
[no replies]
[C/C++] How To Get The HTML Of a Web Page

Hello, is it possible to get the HTML of a web page? Lets say we had this web page: <html> <body> <b>Bold Text</b> </body> </html> Is there a...
[14 replies] Last: It works :D thank you so much. (by some random dude)
Preselecting files in a CFileDialog

Just wondering how and if you can pre-select multiple files as the dialog opens? Do you place a list of them in the Initial Filename area, as I've tried this al...
[1 reply] : Instead of doing this, wouldnt be better to store filenames that passe... (by modoran)
by csmith
Having trouble with inserting into String

I am having trouble getting this function to work right. I would like it to search the string looking for quotations marks and insert a '\' right before the quo...
[4 replies] Last: Richardforc, Wow! Thanks a lot for showing me how to fix my code. I... (by csmith)
SQUARE ROOT

Hi, I'm having problem with how to write a program to calculate a square root, please help me with what to do. Thanks
[2 replies] Last: This thread doesn't belong here. The Windows Programming forum is for ... (by Browni3141)
CONDITIONAL SWITCH CASE

Hi Big guyz, Please somebody help me on conditional switch case statement. Lets say 2-6 something should happen, 7-10 another thing should happen till default....
[1 reply] : http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/#switch (by Zhuge)
GUI using Microsoft Visual C++

Hello ? Recently, i have a project which require to create a program with user interface that takes input from USB using Microsoft Visual C++. However, i totall...
[2 replies] Last: Hey, I just started learning Win32 programing and i found this tuto... (by UberTron)
Brain explosion

Hey dudes, please help me out with this code. #include <windows.h> #include <ctime> #include <conio.h> #include <iostream> #include <string> using n...
[4 replies] Last: Yea, I know. I'm just too lazy :) Thanks. (by raulkolk)
How to access camera

I want to access the camera by using c or c++ so, can any one give me the program for that..!!! and too can any one tell me where the input image will be sto...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/1295/ (by Zaita)
please tell me what's wrong in my code.

HERE IS A PROGRAM TO INSERT AN ELEMENT IN BINARY TREE tree *create_new_node(int n) { np=new tree; np->data=n; np->left=NULL; np->right=NULL; return n...
[1 reply] : The parameter t passed to insert is passed by value. So when you make... (by kbw)
check of visible for CStatic

Hallo, I have the following code: CStaticEx m_pStaticField; RWCString m_szValue; setWindowText4Control(pStaticField,szValue); void setWindowText4Con...
[1 reply] : What do you mean by visible? Windows maintains a visible/invisible ... (by kbw)
by GKFX
Windows time (VC++ 2010)

I am trying to find out how to get the date (day of week; day of month with 1 st , 2 nd , etc; month; and year). In Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express, the under...
[3 replies] Last: Use GetLocalTime(). It will give you local system time. If you want ti... (by richardforc)
terminate A process borland C++ Builder 3

I am making a console application and i need to end a windows process Example.EXE I am going to run it on Windows 9X & NT4.0 - 5.1 i need it to work the ...
[1 reply] : For Windows 9x call kill.exe /f <processname>.exe Get kill.exe from h... (by richardforc)
one error in a program with Class

#include<iostream> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; char q; // proverka na dannite int n; //broi na u4enicite int p; // broi na ocenkite clas...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah... You are right. (by richardforc)
February 2011 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [jan2011] [mar2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.