Windows Programming - February 2011

Compiler taking all of a sudden AGES to compile !

I am coding a small game in allegro. Anyway, my code is slowly buidling up. At some point, the compiling time went from 1 second to 1 minute. At first I thou...
[2 replies] Last: Nothing too elaborated. In fact I deleted the "debug" folder of the pr... (by wboustany)
by ajitm
CreateDirectoryw not working properly

Hello Friends I am using Unicode version of function CreateDirectoryW. but I am in serious problem, by the behavior of CreateDirectoryW function. Beca...
[3 replies] Last: post your code.. (by guestgulkan)
Unresolved External Symbols

In the code below, I get the following errors: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __c...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, that is a big help. (by daedalus96)
Application not responding

Can anyone point out to me why this cashes? So after about 2 hours of trying to figure out why this class keeps making the application stop responding, I've na...
[1 reply] : Never mind people, lol I fail. Both for loops are trying to copy arra... (by closed account 43RGz8AR)
Add item into a tab control programmatically.

Hi, I am trying to add a listview into a tab control where it should be in the 2nd tabpage of my tab control but I can't figure it out how should I do it. H...
[no replies]
by meesa
[C++] How to make a program wide shortcut?

Specifically, I want escape to close a certain "dialog" window I have open, only it isn't a dialog, and there's 4-5 different procedures that can be called. ...
[9 replies] Last: I found it! After changing my search from "shortcut" to "hotkey" I ... (by meesa)
classes again

class newTask { public: newTask(); void Assign(void); void Draw(void); virtual ~newTask(); protected: pr...
[1 reply] : Because you are switching pointer types while calling the functions. ... (by guestgulkan)
Finding File names

Ok, so here's the plan. I want to rename every file in a directory to the original name with the exception of the first 3 characters (ex. example.exe to mple.ex...
[1 reply] : FindFirstFile and FindNextFile is functions are you are looking. Enj... (by richardforc)
RadioButton VS-E trouble

I do not understand Radio Buttons. How do I say some like: private: System::Void button1_Click(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) { ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, that put me in the right direction, I got the radioButton1 to ... (by thenewguy)
MFC Command Line Arguments

Hey, I'm tring to get the command line arguments from my application but it is not returning the correct results. It is only ever returning the first letter ...
[1 reply] : printf function only deals with char size (ascii) only characters... (by guestgulkan)
setviewportorgex hdc argument

In the SetViewportOrgEx function, does the device context argument have to be a Window DC only, or can it be a memory DC also ?
[no replies]
by Petya
Load flash movies directly from any source (no temporary files)

Hello, everybody! Flash Player ActiveX is always copying movie from I-net before playing it. Is it possible to load and play flash movies directly from any sou...
[no replies]
by Petya
Compressor (file security)

Hi, Is it possible in anyway to load a file into memory and then run it from there? I am working on a file compressor, that can compress and encrypt and sav...
[no replies]
Accessing streams in windows console project

In windows (or at least some versions of windows) there is a functionality that allows for certain types of files to have streams which can be accessed pretty m...
[no replies]
CL environment variable

Hi at all, I downloaded Visual C++ 2010 Express Edition because I have to use a Model Checker. The Model Checker is 3 files .exe contained in a zip-file. The...
[5 replies] Last: Run cmd.exe as Administrator, then run vcvars32.bat and then navigate ... (by modoran)
developing a simple media player

hi, I'm thinking of developing a media player(specifically a video player) in windows platform. As i'm totally new to windows programming i have no idea ...
[3 replies] Last: BAM! Found it on the MSDN. this should help you if you decide to us... (by nickburress2k2)
WMI and CIM_DataFile Query issue

Hi, Can anyone help me im Trying to run the following function. I know the query works as I have used it in wbemtest. When i try execute this i get an Invali...
[1 reply] : Anyone? please (by Brandonm)
Confused on "What Next"

Hey there, I've been searching around for what to read next in terms of building windows programs. Currently I can build console programs OK since I've read...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for taking the time to explain guys. (and frieddie1 for the ... (by lordmat)
I'm New Here :D

Hello guys, i am IceZaur97. I am new here in this forum, so yeah.... Since i'm new here, i think i ought to release a program i made... It's a probability ga...
[10 replies] Last: In a fit of inspiration, lucid thinking, or luck, you might get it to... (by firedraco)
by ajitm
How to Read a Pipe separated file

Hi Friends I have a problem while reading the pipe separated file. I want to read pipe separated data in the file. Is any function is available to read the d...
[3 replies] Last: Solution for reading pipe separated file. FILE *fp = _tfopen(L"c:\\... (by ajitm)
February 2011 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [jan2011] [mar2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.