Windows Programming - February 2010 (Page 2)

Win32 program Link error: LNK2019

Hi folks, I want to know how to compile Win32 program using MS 32-bit C/C++ Compiler (cl.exe) of Visual Studio 2008 professional. But I got the LNK2019 error...
[7 replies] Last: kbw's answer solved my problem as follows: (1) launch Visual Studio 2... (by Robertlzw)
Recursive Folder Copy

I have tried this recursive folder copy, however directories are created, no files are copied. In debugger it shows bytes read are o but bytes write are -1 that...
[2 replies] Last: OMG, it seems like someone had brainwashed me. and i must say u have s... (by dumbterminal)
DAMAGE: after Normal block (#42) at 0x00430160

Hi all, i am trying to traverse through a folder and print its contents, but however getting rudely crashed, has it got anything to do with the queue i have tri...
[4 replies] Last: Oh thank you very much. Actually i have been skipping my data structur... (by dumbterminal)
Sockets (C++)

Continues error, but i tryied to solve it. ends like this: #include <iostream> #include <winsock2.h> #include <windows.h> WSADATA wsaData; WORD versi...
[5 replies] Last: where does your program start?... (by Incubbus)
Playlist transfer

Hello! Hi can anyone help me? I'm doing a project that will transfer mp3/playlist from bluetooth enabled phones to my computer and play and que the mp3's...
[no replies]
by netlan
find text into parameter BSTR type

Hi. How to find id text "123" (this parameter is a id product) into parameter "Sxs@123@aa". This parameters is BSTR. Thankss..
[6 replies] Last: Sorry! I wasn't able to express myself very well! The question is:... (by netlan)
Problems with C Runtime Thread

Hi guys, i am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am trying to create a timer and as i know almost nothing about threads, as usual got stuck. Can som...
[3 replies] Last: Like dealing with pointers, being careful isn't enough to be safe with... (by kbw)
my cheat engine needs searching speed!!!

Hi all! I've made a simple cheat engine (it works! I tested it extensively with the winged warrior rpg :D ) and I need some help to improve it... It can be atta...
[14 replies] Last: It's best to use VirtualQueryEx and VirtualProtectEx to save memory ra... (by mackabee)
by indigo
winsock error 10049

I have the following code: LPHOSTENT hostEntry; hostEntry = gethostbyname("www.google.com"); SOCKET listeningSocket; listeningSocket = socket(AF_INET,...
[5 replies] Last: It's not a book, it's some outdated tuttorial :) (by indigo)
by adtr
file analyzing

I have this assignment that reads in files and then analyzes them. I've gotten it to read, count the number of characters, the number of tags, and lines. I can'...
[6 replies] Last: Ok, here's what I would do: Start by moving the get call on line 75... (by moorecm)
weird syntax error

Hi, any help would be appreciated. I get an syntax error C2146 missing ')' before game over in if(KEY_DOWN(VK_ESCAPE)) #include "MyDirectX.h" using nam...
[4 replies] Last: I missed that.....lol. Thanks. now my problem is an error initializin... (by foobarbaz)
by meesa
[C++] Windows Resource Menus

Hello, I'm learning Windows API and I can't seem to find how to create a menu. I tried MSDN's resource, but it's stinks, when I try to compile I get an error...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. (by meesa)
Can you ...

Can you help me with this. I will be very thankful :P In the previous assignments monthly average temperatures in Helsinki were computed. That can be done wi...
[2 replies] Last: Sure, we can help. What have you done so far? (by kbw)
by seyidi
Data in Database/DB Connection

Id Name Parameter --- ---- --------- 001 Martin 98566 002 Mike 98655 003 Thomas 45687 Id JobId TimeStart TimeEnd --- ----- --------- ------- 001 25 11:...
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms385106(VS.71).aspx (by kbw)
Pools<thread and memory pools>

Hello, I have been learning more about the great C++ language and Windows API, i passed across thread pools and memory pools a bit, and they really look great, ...
[2 replies] Last: Great, thanks that will do the job :) What about thread pools? Is th... (by SimpleButPerfect)
by jcylam
I want my program to auto select the "enter link" box in brower

when i open an on-screen keyboard from my program, is it possible to auto-select the link box and delete what is in it? or a text box shows what is typed fro...
[no replies]
message box handle problem

When quitting a window "Tools", I ask the user if he's sure to do it. If he is, no problem, but if he is not, I cannot go back to my window. I gess it is a hand...
[no replies]
Good collection of questions on C, C++, Win32 Programming, MFC, DLL, COM/DOM

Hi, Good collection of questions on C, C++, Win32 Programming, MFC, DLL, COM/DOM for interview and exam preparation. Visit : Home -> Question section ...
[no replies]
Network / calculate current bandwidth

Hi @ all, I want to know, if it is possible to calculate the current bandwidth of the network my application actually is using with? I have the problem, by ...
[1 reply] : You may try to send increasing buffers and calculate how long they did... (by Incubbus)
GTK on windows

Could some one kindly point me in the direction of a really good tutorial for developing GTK on windows. I know Gnome has a tutorial, but that's kinda *nix spec...
[2 replies] Last: Heh, it was the compiling I was having a problem with, I got it to wor... (by Seraphimsan)
February 2010 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [jan2010] [mar2010]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.