Windows Programming - February 2009

IconComboBox

Hi, I found some source code to use an IconComboBox with the follow function. I made an Icon in Visual 2008 but I don't now how I must use the function. I ...
[7 replies] Last: Because the only available codes are of course on MSDN ! It's the Bib... (by george135)
by tition
using delete/defragmenting memory

Dear all, My program allocates lots of dynamic memory (under windows) to make a large computation, until it crashes with a "bad_alloc" error. At the time o...
[19 replies] Last: Understood hehe (forum posting etiquette I guess...?) Btw, throug... (by tition)
CEditView

Hi, I program with visual C++ and I want to create an CEditView in my existing project. I want to write a txt-file when I click on a button. Can someone...
[no replies]
Exit a Infinite for Loop

Hi , I want to read some data of an USB Data Acquisition System every 5 milliseconds. I have created a infinite for loop that reads every 5ms data. I star...
[3 replies] Last: I have chosen the QueryPerformance-functions because they are very acc... (by piction)
How to convert color EMF spool file to grayscale or Black /white spool file?

Hello I make R&D virtual printer driver and I am using HP Color LaserJet 8500 PCL driver for EMF spool file generation. It is not grayscale supported print...
[1 reply] : I have a class (somewhere) than handles EMFs as grey scales, as I reme... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Imput a name.

Hi, I need use keyboard to input a player name. char m_PlayerName ; when I use case WM_KEYDOWN: // the wParam value is a Capital letter. How do I g...
[1 reply] : try WM_CHAR instead of WM_KEYDOWN. The WPARAM will have the proper ca... (by Disch)
by andros
overloading operator==

hello, I'm trying to overload the == operator for the following class /* =================================================== Symbol.h ===========...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for the tip, Seymore and SkorJ. I wasn't considering code... (by andros)
How to know if file download is completed?

Hi. This is my first message in forum. I have a directory and I am monitoring for any changes with new files. When a new file are detected, I need to know whe...
[no replies]
Flash Win32 Programmer.

Hi, everyone. I have write a win32 program which use. // after update I call InvalidateRect to get WM_PAINT message InvalidateRect(hWnd,NULL,TRUE); bu...
[1 reply] : HANDLE_MSG(hWnd,WM_PAINT,OnPaint); void OnPaint(HWND hwnd) { ... (by JohnChen)
GNU compiler?

If I am using a windows machine, but need to write c++ code for a unix based environment (build with GNU), what kind of compiler can (should) I use? I google...
[4 replies] Last: ok thanks [SIZE=1][FONT=arial]__________________ [URL=http://www.top... (by imike24)
Library-files

Hello, I do not now how I must load a library file in to my project with Visual C++. I need it to use an USB-module : To use the Universal Library with ...
[4 replies] Last: Now , you must go to the project-properties , ->submenu Linker ->Inp... (by piction)
by mzd72
Controlbox

Hello How can i disable and hide control box in windows application?
[1 reply] : EnableWindow and ShowWindow http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libra... (by Bazzy)
by jrohde
Detect whether mouse is down

Hello all, Typically in an app, I just use the WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_LBUTTONUP messages to process whether the button is up or down, but when the button is r...
[1 reply] : Read up on the SetCapture Function. http://msdn.microsoft.co... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by antony
How to access java class from c++ program

Dear All, We have the requirement to access one java class from c++ program. Please share your ideas which will take me towards the right direction....
[2 replies] Last: kbw is right. Fortunately, compile the java class with gcj and everyt... (by TheHeadlessSourceMan)
by tition
[Edit: Resolved] dll function found under debug but not under release||...

Hi all, I have a program that runs perfectly on debug settings. On release settings however, it doesn't compile.I use the VC 2008 express edition, with defau...
[3 replies] Last: [Edit: Resolved the problem! sorry for bothering you!] Just got a n... (by tition)
Reading a Matrix txt file and storing as an array

Greetings everyone, new to the forums but a good fan of cplusplus as a resource for scripting. I'm currently writing a Simulated Annealing code to solve a tr...
[no replies]
Bloom filters

In my next assignment I will need to implement a superTable class which consist of a hashTable and a bloom filter to optimize search queries. After some researc...
[no replies]
How to use PDCurses?

I've never really used an external library before and I'd like to try out PDCurses. http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=30480&package_id=22452...
[3 replies] Last: yep no problems now :) (by gen1mx6)
DLL and Object oriented programming

Hi all , as I heard C++ is a programming language that supports Object oriented programming. well I have did several object oriented examples and the write m...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks kbw and thanks Grey Wolf , I think I got it . again thanks i... (by sanzilla)
Qt inheritance problem

Hello, I'm a beginer of Qt/GUI program. I want to ask a question about "inheritance" accessability in C++. I want to know why the function "GoToCellDialog::on...
[1 reply] : Thanks a lot. I already have a good solution of it^^ When the clas... (by lion1802)
February 2009 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jan2009] [mar2009]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.