Windows Programming - February 2008

windows api tutorial?

The last time I did any windows gui coding with the winapi was back in 1994. Is there a tutorial anywhere on this site? thanks
[3 replies] Last: I have recently bought “Windows Via C/C++” by Jeffrey M. Richter ,... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
simple(?) CHAR problems

heyya, i'm presuming that this is to do with win32. anyway, my line of code that gives me problem is this str =ffd.cFileName; where str is an array o...
[2 replies] Last: If you want to keep a list strings, all of which originally appear in ... (by dirk)
difference between CPaintDC and CClientDC

difference between CPaintDC and CClientDC:i am using MFC for this application when i am using CClientDC pdc(this),i am able get my image (video)fully (SIF) bu...
[no replies]
Calling a function inside another .dll

Hello, I am a .NET developer and am trying to call a function inside a .dll that was written in C++. With the limited experience I have with C++ and the rese...
[no replies]
relative path!?

hey all sry but my english is very bad but i try it! i have a program that copies some files from the folder where you start the program. how can i write ...
[2 replies] Last: Why dont you try som dos while your at it. here try this, ive even cop... (by sierra2600)
TR1 libraries and ext/hash_map

I have no idea how to use the TR1 library within Visual Studio (2008) and more specifically the <ext/hash_map> libary. If anyone could help me get this to work...
[1 reply] : one, i wouldnt use Visual Studio (2008), and two if you rilly like usi... (by sierra2600)
Passing data btwn 2 independent classes

I have a CEditDoc class and a CListBox class which are independent of one another. I only need to pass strings between them. I have seen code that manually writ...
[2 replies] Last: Ive got a litle something identical to your items here #include <r... (by sierra2600)
by buggex
Serial Port will not open

Hey! I have runned into a strange problem, when trying to setup a serial port. The code I use to open the port: // Opening the Port "COM1" hComm = CreateF...
[1 reply] : Hay, im good with tis stuff, so if i could ask you please send me a co... (by sierra2600)
by zerard
Arrays

Hello I am new in the forum and newbie in C++. Fist of all I whould like to thank Juan Soulie for the very helpful tutorial. Now my question, I want to have in...
[2 replies] Last: thank you hamsterman, your help and alex79roma's help in http://cplusp... (by zerard)
Communicating between programs

OS = Windows XP Compiler = dev-c++ V. 4.9.9.2 I am a novice programmer of Win32 using c++, and I was interested in learning how to get a wi...
[5 replies] Last: Com is also capable to achieve it. (by firefox1)
by loga
C++ to mathlab

how to call coding in C++ to mathlab?
[no replies]
mySQL and C/C++

Hello, Recently I have explore the use of mySQL with C/C++. I use Windows Dev-C++ w/ mingw version of GCC ad my compiler. I have been looking for a package t...
[no replies]
by Clay L
Remove "Untitled" next to program title

I just finished writing the first SDI program I have written in years. I usually write dialog based programs but this time I wanted the ability to view my progr...
[1 reply] : Well I finally found the answer in an old (1995?) archive on a MSDN si... (by Clay L)
Need help with linking errors LNK2019 and LNK1120

Hello, everyone, I'm new here and I need some help with this project I am working on for school. Below is a partial segment of the project in question. The proj...
[2 replies] Last: All right, thanks for the help, dolorx. (by matthewm)
i need help

hello ppl..i'm new here and i really need heeeelp!!! could anyone plz tell me where to find a C++ code for the keyboard driver ?? i would appreciate any hel...
[no replies]
  Archived months: [jan2008] [mar2008]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.