Windows Programming - December 2010

Question about window dimensions.

I was experimenting with the client area of a window today. I created the window and set the size to 1024x768 on my desktop. Upon using GetClientRect, I found t...
[9 replies] Last: Wow his close to me! I'm in Pennsylvania, its only a 2 hour drive to g... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
by SK480
Trouble Installing Mingw32

I am trying to install the following program: SDL-devel-1.2.14-mingw32.tar.gz from the following website: http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php It is downlo...
[3 replies] Last: Glad I could help! :) (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
by Bv202
Win32 API - still used?

Hello, I'm wondering if programming using the native Win32 API is still be done today. I've Googled a bit and I get mixed answers: some people say programmer...
[7 replies] Last: I taught myself C++ but I could probably benefit a lot from a college ... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
Obtaining a bool value from a website

Basically I'm trying to creating an organizer but the thing that I'm not sure how to do it make it when they add a new item that it will check 2 different sites...
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384270%28v=VS.85%29.aspx (by blackcoder41)
Pointer to file -> Pointer from file

hi,i have 2 application, one has some variables. this application writes the addresses of the variables into "C:\\bin\\Settings.bin" file. after it is finished ...
[6 replies] Last: i made some changes. now the first application is writing the addresse... (by essoperagma)
[Solved]What are security attributes?

Hi everyone! I'm learning how to program in Windows. I'm reading about threads here: http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/Cplusplus/Multithreading-in-C But in ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that was what I needed to know! :) (by JoshuaS)
windows scroll bars

I am having a problem with disappearing scroll bars. I am talking about attached scroll bars, using Windows API and for this case just SB_VERT (vertical scrollb...
[15 replies] Last: When you click one of the direction arrows (up, down, left, right) on ... (by freddie1)
PROGRAMA EM C

have a problem in a work of the university, I can not change the variables of char to integer, need help, can someone? I'll post the enuciado and the program c...
[1 reply] : Que serviço porco essa tradução! (by Ezequias)
Shapes won't erase

I was bored last night so i got a cool idea in my head, let me try to make my own cursor. Now, i did this by using the Rectangle() function. After i have made m...
[8 replies] Last: There is no copying. The SetROP2 function sets how the pen colour you... (by guestgulkan)
My c++ windows debugged windows program won't run

I wrote and I debugged a c++ windows program. Rather that it run, it throws an exception with the following message:Unhadled exception at 0x00000003 in Assist ...
[2 replies] Last: Sounds like your program is writing were it is not supposed too... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
Get outfile size

I am using Windows 7 and want to do something like this: //pseudocode if (outfile.size() > some number) do something else do something else Of cou...
[1 reply] : There is actually a function to get the size of a file... DWORD ... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
I thought that the red x button could not be greyed out? Well...

The following code creates a windows application with a greyed out X button, it also prevents the window from being sized -WS_SIZEBOX, I just figured out you so...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks for the input guys, i've put your suggestions to use and i've h... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
C++ internship program

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but belong to forum.codecall.net's forums... It's great to reach out for other resources and to meet new people and I hope...
[7 replies] Last: while(true) { std::cout << "Please enter an integer: "; std::cin ... (by firedraco)
[Win32 API] Custom quiting

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to have a program prompt this before quiting: if (MessageBox (hWnd, "You sure you want to quit?", "Message", MB_YE...
[10 replies] Last: @mrfaosfx: I read sum += 13 the same as sum = sum + 13 . If I am re... (by some random dude)
by meesa
Win32 API Icon won't show on window?

I have a valid resource file, a valid icon, the icon is even attaching properly (Checked with Resource Editor) but for some reason only the EXE shows the icon, ...
[4 replies] Last: Found the issue! Apparently I need to pay more attention when copying ... (by meesa)
C++> CLR Windows Application

Ok, i've been trying to make console c++ programs for two years and now i'm starting getting bored! So i'd like to learn how to make programs with the general w...
[9 replies] Last: Lol, you say that like it's a bad thing. No, I didn't mean it... (by freddie1)
OpenGL question

I have this OpenGL program generated by my wxDevC++. 1) Does it work ? 2) if not what and where should i change ? /************************** * Include...
[2 replies] Last: Does it work ? Yeah, it makes a classic intro to OpenGL (kinda like ... (by blackcoder41)
I'm messing around with CombineRgn but not its not working...

Ok, so i'm messing around with CombineRgn because it sounded interesting and I want to see what I can do with it and if I can put it to use with my game I am ma...
[3 replies] Last: Hey it worked! Here is the resulting code... #include <windows.h... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
Somebody needed to capture the desktop image?

There was someone about 2 days ago that wanted to capture the desktop image and store it in a file. I said I would post my capture class to see if it would help...
[4 replies] Last: It should work, you'll find my coding is rather simple. The part about... (by closed account 3pj6b7Xj)
CLR visual 2010 and .Net framework 2.0

Hi all, does anyone knows if it is possible to create a CLR dll based on .Net 2.0 using visual studio 2010 ?
[no replies]
December 2010 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [nov2010] [jan2011]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.