Windows Programming - August 2016

by helios
Loading CLR references from relative paths

I have a native program that uses LoadLibrary() to load a DLL from a specified path other than the working directory. This DLL happens to be a C++/CLI assembly ...
[5 replies] Last: I managed to get it working. My native API has a function that must be... (by helios)
How to load obj in opengl c++ without any jerks?

I loaded an obj file in opengl c++ by creating my own parser. I does work, but when i try rotating the obj,it rotates with a lot of jerks. Is it possible to lo...
[no replies]
Programming Home Computer For Use As A Server

I want to utilize a home computer to loosen the limitations on what my website can do. I have full access to configuring my home router (for things such as port...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much, you are incredibly helpful. You have answered all o... (by da peppester)
interesting cpp projects

Hello everybody,can someone suggest a really strong project for university? Ty
[6 replies] Last: http://pastebin.com/tbVxfYEN (by vulegend)
Error Debug Assertion Failed! (1,2,3)

Hello, I'm working with a Visual Studio 2015 C++ program converted from a VS 6.0 C++ program. When I run the program it gives this error: ----------------...
[45 replies] Last: Hi Tony, mysterious in the way that it suddenly worked. In the beginn... (by Thomas1965)
User name from AD

I've been away from C++ and MS for awhile and need help with active directory. I have a Qt program and would like to get the user's name from active directory a...
[1 reply] : this code lists all users in the active directory: https://msdn.micro... (by closed account 48bpfSEw)
Color Picker for 64k colors in this format

I need a program or the code to pick 64k and 256 colors using the following formats: RRRR RGGG GGGB BBBB for 64k COLORS and 0000 0000 RRRG GGBB FOR 256 COL...
[3 replies] Last: *sigh* Ok, open wide, little bird: RGB macro (Windows) - msdn.micros... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
ASP.NET SITE'S ERROR WHILE UPLOADING TO A HOSTING SERVER

I did publish to a local file on my computer. When I tried to upload the files Compiled to my hosting using FileZilla, the project uploaded successfully but i g...
[1 reply] : App_Web_tuwlsmxq is not a standard ASP.NET library so you need to uplo... (by Thomas1965)
Custom MAPI dll is not working in some 32 bit windows OS

Hello all, I have created a simple MAPI dll with the help of following post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/103010/ The dll is created with target pla...
[no replies]
Station Licence development in Borland C++ Builder 6

Hello! I am desining an Station Licence Mechanism, for an aplication in Windows, using "Borland C++ Builder 6". I have read that: An Station Licence is bou...
[no replies]
How to use multiple checkboxes

I'm a beginner and maybe my question is stupid... I would like to create more CheckBoxes in a dialog window by using CreateWindow, sg like this: CreateWindow(...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks Thomas1965, it works! (by jfekete)
manipulate input device

Hello, What do i want to do? I wanna manipulate the input device in general. That means i don't want to klick a button in a special program or window. I wan...
[4 replies] Last: You have only queued one key down event and then, five seconds later, ... (by andywestken)
Getting color information from other program's window

Hi, I got a tetris program and I would like to extract from it a 2d bool array representing if the case is occupied or not, and send that to my program. Wha...
[no replies]
[SFML]How do you modify cpp files?

I am programming on windows 10 and ran into a performance issue in SFML related to the use of joysticks. The only solution I have been able to find is to commen...
[1 reply] : SFML is a pre compiled library, meaning the hpp files don't have any a... (by lordseanington)
C++ and Win32 Multithread FileRead

I am trying to write a multithread file reader.. but i cant get what i want yield. Do you know why ?? (Sorry for my english :) this is my thread function ....
[4 replies] Last: <thread> is part of the standard template library (STL). It is porta... (by NoXzema)
Unhandled exception : Access violation reading location error help needed

I am doing testing and below is a piece of code that is giving me an error : Unhandled exception at 0x00956faa in myprogram.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation re...
[6 replies] Last: My mentor took that part to solve for me but I got stuck again in diff... (by embeddedintern)
by V07
Finding duplicate files using windows and Native C++

This is a console program but I've borrowed so much of code like recursive algorithm from windows so why the question here. I am willing to program an algori...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, Sorry for the late reply. Could you be briefer. Since even If I ch... (by V07)
"Greek Text" in Page Setup Dialog

In comdlg's page setup dialog, there is a little ss_whiterect static that shows a mockup page preview. MSDN says that the text shown on this page is some dummy ...
[6 replies] Last: I did that and found it. The string is L"Dheevaeilnorpoefdi lfaocr, ... (by ederej787)
by DS92
PDF creator

Good Morning, I would ask gently if exists a way to write on a pdf file with c++. Until now I reach good results to write txt file and some other formats but I'...
[8 replies] Last: thank you really much for the suggestions...I tried to compile it alre... (by DS92)
by jimjdm
Problem with satellite DLLs and resource caching

Hi All, I am trying to use satellite DLLs to allow an MFC application to support multiple localizations. Currently the application is in English, and we woul...
[no replies]
August 2016 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jul2016] [sep2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.