Windows Programming - August 2010 (Page 3)

Windows Form to open folder

Hi guys Im pretty new to the GUI side of C++ programming. All i want to do is open a folder location in windows explorer when clicking on the button in the f...
[6 replies] Last: using namespace System; using namespace System::Diagnostics; //... ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Opening a program

I still can't figure out how to open a program with another program. For instance, what if I wanted to open Paint via my program. I don't know how to do it. I w...
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762153(VS.85).aspx Google... (by Skillless)
Facial recognition windows login

Hi all, I am trying to develop a facial recognition login system. I have done the recognition part using OpenCV, but how do i implement it into Windows logi...
[4 replies] Last: Hey navydagreat, e-mail me at dtechnodude@aol.com. I'm curious about ... (by D Technodude)
WriteFile vs fwrite in synchronous I/O

Hello everybody, I'm writing a program to merge big files previously created by different threads. For example if I have 4 files, they look like this: File 1...
[7 replies] Last: The machine speed doesn't matter. It's the disk speed that matters as... (by kbw)
by rav
GUI calling a class

Hello I am new to C++ and used to java. I have created a GUI which I need to call and execute a class file. I have been helped by someone but unfortunately the ...
[12 replies] Last: because it is not full implementation of of the header file/class but ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by bonie
using touchpad for morse code

Hi guys, I am just working on my bachelor thesis and I ve got one big problem with C++ programming. I prepare programming for morse code for mobile phone, an...
[no replies]
by Ethan
Read & Show any bitmaps in directory

Hi, sorry this is so newb. Ive been searching for hours and Im stuck. I need to make a program that will load and display one at a time any .bmp files found...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah, I'm going to need to do more than just display the pictures, It'... (by Ethan)
Fatal error LNK1120 - mciSendString ?

Hi, I'm trying to get the mciSendString working to play a mp3 file. But when I try to compile I get the following error: fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved ...
[5 replies] Last: I got the problem solved. I just changed the alias to a more simple n... (by Shatronics)
by rain
VC ++ cant compile in release mode.

I can compile following code in debug mode but for some reason I cant build it in release mode. I want to compile it in release mode because I think this is how...
[3 replies] Last: for somereason release mode it still has console. Any way to get compl... (by rain)
Loading bitmap image

I am having trouble getting the bitmap image to actually load, I've tried using different file formats from .png to .bmp and no success. The resource is embedd...
[1 reply] : You are doing a couple of things wrong here: 1. You should not real... (by guestgulkan)
by frtkpr
open & run powerpoint using c process

hi, i want to open a powerpoint file as process in c (not c++) and slayt it.but i must calling the windows api .how i can do this.
[1 reply] : For starting a process with win32 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib... (by Reynold)
Draw bitmap to screen

Hi, I am trying to draw a colour bitmap image to a window. I have a function (below) which at present does precisely nothing. I have searched through msdn and ...
[5 replies] Last: I've done it, and I'm posting the solution for anyone else who is in a... (by daxyboy)
Game Loop

/** GameLoop project **/ #include <windows.h> #include <iostream> #include <time.h> using namespace std; const string APPTITLE = "Game Loo...
[5 replies] Last: What kind of crap book is encouraging WinGDI for game development? ... (by Vexer)
Cannot convert char[] to wchar_t

MFC in Visual C++ 2010: To print something in a Rich Edit Box, i use m_rich.Insert(m_rich.GetLength(), L"Hello World"); If I want to print an integer w...
[6 replies] Last: You may have bigger problems. Why are some of your controls Unicode a... (by kbw)
Winsock html?

I think this is the right forum... How do you get the html of a site using winsock?
[no replies]
by rain
How to remove directory recursively?

RemoveDirectory(); Removes only empty directory, but how to remove directories that have files inside?
[18 replies] Last: Great thanks guestgulkan. (by rain)
MinGW strange compile error

I don't know why, but I can't get line 5 of this code to compile: HDC hdc = GetDC (hwnd); HDC cDC = CreateCompatibleDC (hdc); HBITMAP hbmp = CreateCompati...
[1 reply] : Actually, I just realised I needed to cast SelectObject () to HBITMAP ... (by daxyboy)
DIRECT3D 2.0

Unhandled exception at 0x003c180e in Create_Surface.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000. i completed this and now im getting this m...
[1 reply] : Sounds like you're passing a null pointer somewhere. Step through the ... (by filipe)
DIRECT3D

hey guys im working on a program that creates a bunch of rectangles to the surface and everything is working fine but im getting an unkown identifier on my d3d ...
[5 replies] Last: omg wow i feel stupid now lol thanks i appreciate your help i cant be... (by L E G I O N)
Writing priority question

Hi all, I'm writing an application which captures video from a video source (like a webcam). I'm using Media Foundation. It should write the captured video t...
[1 reply] : Withought knowing why the application is slowing down, you'll most pro... (by kbw)
August 2010 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [jul2010] [sep2010]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.