Windows Programming - August 2008 (Page 2)

by duckii
Error in placing output to txt using <fstream>

Hey this is my second time posting here, I have another question to ask. I wanted to write a text file recording the patient's particular and medical fees. But ...
[8 replies] Last: Your enjoyment at having learned something is payment enough. :-) (by Duthomhas)
by melvin
infix to postfix

how to make program that converts infix epression to postfix expression
[1 reply] : Google through "recursive descent" and "shunting yard". You'll need it... (by Duthomhas)
Simple Windows API Application questions

I have a couple questions about the code I got from an online Windows API tutorial. Please when you answer these questions don't use complicated computer speech...
[2 replies] Last: Microsoft provides a number of #defines in their Windows API header fi... (by Duthomhas)
by JanNow
UDP Server problem

Hi all, i want to build a UDP server which permanently sents data without receiving anything. I tried a bit with a Client-Server Test but it only works when th...
[2 replies] Last: The whole point of Servers is to wait around for a client to connect. ... (by guestgulkan)
by Kenyai
Launching Another Program

What is the most surefire way for a Win32 program to launch an EXE file and obtain a handle to its primary window? I read once that you can do this by launching...
[1 reply] : Nope. You'll have to use EnumWindows() and GetWindowThreadProcess... (by Duthomhas)
by Nobun
Error on using malloc()

Preface I never use pointers since now. I'm trying to develop a graphical engine (using allegro 4.22) and my 1st task is to store in memory a pack of PCX i...
[6 replies] Last: Yes I know that it is a wrong way-to-do... so I was asking for help to... (by Nobun)
by Eff
Odd Winsock Error

When compiling the below code I get the following errors: 1>c:\users\craig\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\winsock\winsock\main.cpp(29) : error C2228:...
[1 reply] : You have defined ServerInfo as a POINTER in line 9 but using the . (d... (by guestgulkan)
Writing to text files.

Hello everyone! My name is Dirk and i'm rather stuck with an annoying problem. My boss asked me to write him a program that will read out a card (SiS card =...
[3 replies] Last: Okay, solved the problem :) (by hypnoticdragon)
how?write Windows forms with C++.net in the VS.net 2003?

hi,guys,I got these problem: My boss want me to write a program,which is a small tool with a nice GUI,use the Visual Studio.net 2003,the visual C++.net,to writ...
[7 replies] Last: Huh. What do you know? Is that a rhetorical question? or are you ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
is it possible to do?

Hi, everybody, From C++ program is it possible - to make a screenshot ( the same thing that "printscreen" button does ) - to access the computer clipboard...
[7 replies] Last: No, I just use Win16-Win32 api since Win 2.0, Win 3.0, 3.1, Win 9x, e... (by george135)
Multithreading in C++

Hi all, I'm a beginner programer in VC++. I have two functions that I'm calling from the main function. I want to control the time that each function run for....
[6 replies] Last: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/doc/html/thread.html Multi-pla... (by Zaita)
by duckii
I cannot set my program to display the output i want

This is going to be a wall of text. I have 2 questions to ask 1) There's an error with my output and I tried to redo it a couple of times. I think it has got ...
[7 replies] Last: You can do all sorts of weird and amazing things with <windows.h>. (I ... (by Duthomhas)
Problem with Load-time linking with dll's

Hi I programming in windows I'm using ms vc++ 6.0 I was writing a simple dll which looks like this: //simple.dll #include<windows.h> #ifdef _cplusplus exter...
[3 replies] Last: Fixed: //simplexe.cpp #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> ... (by helios)
by rain
Download file

I tried to find something about downloading file from internet with C++.I have already read documentation from this page ang googled around this. but i havent f...
[2 replies] Last: On Win32, you don't need anything. Win32 Net apis and COM interfaces ... (by george135)
Using CLR in an empty vc++ project

I have been using Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ Programming and have had no problems until now. All examples have worked until now, the project is setup...
[1 reply] : stdafx.h is a user header file that is (should be?) automatically crea... (by Faldrax)
Manipulate variables of a game

Well, I know, it's a complex subject but I want to help my son a bit with a game he likes. He can't get past a certain level and I was wondering: Could anybo...
[8 replies] Last: Remember the case when the RIAA sued an old lady for downloading music... (by exception)
August 2008 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jul2008] [sep2008]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.