Windows Programming - August 2008

Forms in a Windows form Application

Hey, I started making a GUI tic-tac-toe game using windows forms in Visual Studios Express Edition 2008. I have made the board, it acts as expected, and ad...
[7 replies] Last: So what did you figure out that solved your problem? (by TKelly)
how to talk with OLE build in c++ from C#

Hi, is there any way to get data back from OLE which is build in C++ and I am trying to get data from it using C# code? following is some of my code . ...
[3 replies] Last: No. Interop is just a wrapper .NET puts around a non-.NET DLL so you... (by Zaita)
Thread for whole Runtime

Hi @ all, how can I program a thread which is working over the whole runtime of application and this in background? I need this thread to catch some network...
[6 replies] Last: Thread timing is not assured either. Even with you use Sleep(X) it's n... (by Zaita)
by shag7
write large file to disk

Hi, I wrote a little c++-prog (for WinXP), that writes random data to my harddisk. I used ofstream, but the resulting transferrate is not what I expected (it...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot! WriteFile and CopyFile were the functions I was loo... (by shag7)
Is it possible to open an exe file having a space in its name using Autorun.inf

I have a file named "my file.exe" Is there any way to open this file using Autorun.inf? I wrote an autorun file as shown below open : my file.exe b...
[3 replies] Last: I think that should work. +1 (by Zaita)
A password maker...

Hi, Its Dilyan again. Now I want to make a simple console program wich makes complex passwords. I have an Idea how It will work, but don't know how to write i...
[2 replies] Last: Thats realy nice Duoas! Your program works, and I looked at the STRING... (by Dillyto666)
Windows.h Woes for your Visual C++ 2005 or 2008 Express?

Hi! If this is the case, you're in for a long search with a lot of dead ends, outdated and just plain wrong answers, and misleading found topics and general ...
[no replies]
Pass callback function if it is a class member

I have a class CUsersView which is derived from CTreeView. In OnUpdate function I want to sort root elements using custom callback function: Callback functi...
[2 replies] Last: Non-static object methods cannot be used directly as callback functio... (by Zaita)
textcolor/textattr in C++ problem

Hi all! my first post:-) Well, I use borland compiler now, but if I need to use Dev-cpp to solve this problem, its fine with me. I use cmd.exe on Windows XP...
[5 replies] Last: Just so you all know, QEMU is a virtual machine (processor emulator). ... (by Duthomhas)
C2664: typecast problem from iterator to class type

I have some iterator and some CForm class. vector<CForm>::const_iterator* m_pvForms; Then it is initizalized etc. After: vector<CForm>::const_ite...
[2 replies] Last: That hepled, many thanks. (by DmitryG)
command / immediate window

Hi, I'd like to learn more about how to use this in C++ 2003. I used to use it a lot in VB6, but OOP has it act fairly differently. Everything I could find on t...
[no replies]
Pointer to a class / template class

Hello everybody I have a problem. I am doing a plugin using ATL. I have a main class named CMyPlugin. This class has the main dialog. In the main dialog i am...
[no replies]
execvp() equivalent for Win32

Hi to all, first of all, a little introduction. I decided to create a Java Local Application (JAR file) some time ago, and now it's finished (at least the bet...
[7 replies] Last: @helios: Uhh... Can't you compile MinGW from Linux? That would make it... (by trig cesis)
by CACA
VEHICLE DATABASE PROGRAM

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A VEHICLE DATABASE PROGRAM USING STRUCTURES AND IT CONSIST OF DIFERENT TYPES OF CARS YOUCALL UP A CAR BY ITS REGISTRATION NUMBER, MODEL, O...
[2 replies] Last: I think his problem is with his CAPS LOCK, so he isn't typing the vari... (by firedraco)
borland c++ v 3.1 problem

hi every body .. i need to know how i can run my programs that i made it with borland c++ v.3.1 on windows??? ..... and can i make program like "windows media ...
[8 replies] Last: LoL ... Doesn't matter, you explained it better :P If you want to ... (by Mitsakos)
About the CDocument::OnSaveDocument

If I call this function CDocument::OnSaveDocument( lpszFileName ) and failed, if the lpszFileName can be created or not? Thanks
[1 reply] : According to MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sd83ta1b(VS... (by Duthomhas)
Starting with Borland? I explain to you how to use it, VERY SIMPLE!

Hi! I want to share something with you what might be very handy if starting to use the Borland Compiler. You need to create cfg files etc, so says the readme...
[no replies]
Errors on Thread Execution

I'm receiving compiler errors from the following code: /********************************************** Threads implementation ****************************...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks ! guestgulkan it works.....! (by charlie)
L-value error in threads and processess

During compilation I receive a compiler error #include<windows.h> #include<iostream> using namespace std; typedef struct{ int a; char name ; }params; v...
[11 replies] Last: I wanna know how the internal workings of windows...... (by charlie)
MFC / precompiled header questions

Hello all again... my third question. I am trying to convert my Win32 Calculator app I have written to MFC using the MFC App wizard. Can someone explain preco...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks all. I figured it out today. I'm still a bit of a newbie and ... (by hisdudeness)
August 2008 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jul2008] [sep2008]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.