Windows Programming - April 2009 (Page 2)

by rdev5
getKeyState missing ) before ; in VC++ 2008

I'm currently in the process of creating my first 3D application using the OpenGL library and it's been going great until now where I seem to have encountered a...
[4 replies] Last: O.O ...hence, VC++ 2008 is not good for locating errors. Ugh! Thank... (by rdev5)
Creating a correct subclass via copying.

enum objectIndex{ OBJECT_PLAYER, MAX_OBJECTS }; void initObjectList(){ objList.obj = new RootComposite(); } GameObject* createInstance(float...
[1 reply] : Something like this? class Parent { virtual Parent* clone() { re... (by Disch)
by Otto
.net security warning with clr

Hi, I'm trying to program a messenger add-in, and it works well, but I have many problems with my settings dialog. When I run the dialog straight as an applicat...
[no replies]
DirectDrawCreate

Hi there, I have some serious problem using the function DirectDrawCreate. I always get the same linker-error: "undefined reference to DirectDrawCreate@12". ...
[no replies]
Copy Files

How do i copy files using Visual C++. (Note:- I want to copy the file itself and not it's content)
[5 replies] Last: Thanks. That's what I wanted. (by Ashishm1995)
by Clay L
hierarchy charts for .net?

I am moving from VC++6 to Visual Studio 2005. I have bought a few books to help me with the transition to Windows Forms and .net. I see things (methods?) li...
[2 replies] Last: I have checked pretty much everything at the link and can't find any g... (by Clay L)
file not recognized: File format not recognized

Hi I am using eclipse.I got error.I am using g++ complier. *.o : file not recognized: File format not recognized collect2: ld returned 1 exit status ...
[8 replies] Last: Hi OK. thanks... (by mathueie)
How to call OnFileNew() from a dialog box in MFC VC++?

I am using a MDI application project. I need to open an new file/document when a button in a dialog box is clicked.. How to call the OnFileNew() or is the...
[1 reply] : you can use sendmessage() with the wm_command for the menu of fileop... (by writetonsharma)
Data binding and UPDATE

In my software, I have a form with various textboxes and combo boxes. These controls are data bound to a database. Some of the data exists as integers in the DB...
[no replies]
string to object name

Hi all, I recently started a new job and have been thrown in the deep with a project. It was all well and good until it was decided that I would develop the wi...
[6 replies] Last: I tried the code this morning and it worked and absolute treat. To me ... (by ScubaS2)
by Daitey
IC Design

I have 2 questions.First i want to write 3 dimensional programs but do not want to use a game egine.I want to code it myself.How do i go about it.Also will like...
[3 replies] Last: Programming IC's is a bit different than the programming you're probab... (by jdd)
Searching within 2 Files

Hey Guys, I did this coding. This function will search through 2 files. But when even I enter any number to search it goes to the previous menu. Mainly...
[1 reply] : If you write to stdout with std::cout, you should read from stdin usin... (by kbw)
Multiple Source Files

Sometimes I make projects whichhave really long coding(sometimes even more that 300 statements. So could it be possible to create one or more source files and ...
[2 replies] Last: That is what I have been doing using extern voids. (by Ashishm1995)
How to extend the Client Area to Fullscreen?(win32 api)

I wrote a game with win32 api,and I want to run it in fullscreen. I had tried as this way: setting the window area to fullscreen, then using GetWindowDC() to...
[5 replies] Last: I donot know with coding but for C++ console applications, you can got... (by Ashishm1995)
P/Invoke in Managed Code

This is a problem that I've been working on all weekend, and I can't figure it out. For class, we had to create a native DLL which exports template classes o...
[no replies]
missing constructor???

Hi, I have serious trouble with default constructor in CLR/CLI Windows Forms - Managed C++. Compiler said me: "no appropriate default constructor availabl...
[10 replies] Last: @JerryMouse: That is like stating that if an English teacher accidenta... (by firedraco)
first WIN32 app

Hello, I've written my source code, which works fine without any kind of user interface using hotkeys, now I want to use my main.cpp and my header file in the v...
[2 replies] Last: a c++ console application will not work in win32 because in win32 ther... (by writetonsharma)
by samelo
hello : share me for these question??pls>>

this is q? write a program that reads information about 20 employees and store it in a array of strucures, the structure of each employee should contain : name...
[6 replies] Last: thats correct. (by writetonsharma)
April 2009 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [mar2009] [may2009]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.