I have no idea on how to explain this or what it is called (Resizing position)

Again I have no idea how to really explain this or now what its called but here it goes.

I'm using Virtual machine with seamless mode and it works great and i'm happy with it. I can have all of my windows and programs opened up on the same laptop
without switching back and fourth between Guest and host.

How ever the taskbar for the virtual machine "guest" and everything on my main host always blocks the guest taskbar at the bottom when I have them in full screen. Now this doesn't do me any good as I want both the Guest and host taskbars visible.

I know that the toolbars on the desktop takes up the space on the sides and it tells windows not to allow anything within this space such as icons and windows. When you have the windows maximizes, it does not cover the toolbars of that area if you have them set to "Always on top"

Well what I want to do is create a program that will say take the space of the bottom desktop and does not allow any windows within that area (say about 32 px from the bottom of the desktop)

I want windows to think there is a toolbar on the bottom of the desktop that is always on top so this way no windows can overlap that area and occupy it. this way the taskbar from the guest os will always be visible there.

I don't how to go about this. Is there something in windows that keeps track of what area are allowed to be occupy by other windows and is there an api that I can use to do that?

Thank you.

Again I just want windows to think there is a toolbar at the bottom of the screen so this way it doesn't allow any windows or icons over top of it, but I don't want a toolbar there though, just for it to act like there is one there so the taskbar from the other os will always be seen.

again thank you all
Did you try to move the host machine's taskbar to the side or top?
Rather then try to write a program yourself, send a feature request to virtual machine developers.
---blackcoder41 (1425) Apr 13, 2013 at 1:12pm
---Did you try to move the host machine's taskbar to the side or top?

It wouldn't matter where I place it as the Host will still cover the area it occupies.
Where ever the virtual taskbar is, I want it where the host won't cover it up and make the host think there is a toolbar there so it won't cover that space it.

---modoran (1347) Apr 13, 2013 at 1:25pm
---Rather then try to write a program yourself, send a feature request to virtual machine ---developers.

That not a bad idea and i'll go ahead and mention that to them. But there nothing out there atm for that and I would like to be able to get that done asap

again thank you all
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.