Windows mouse cursor disappearing with CEdit

Hi there,

Firstly, I'm creating a Windows program using Visual Studio 2005 and C++. My problem came when I was trying to replace a dialog with a window. I put CEdits in to cature user input and all was well, until I realised that they changed the cursor when the mouse went over. I've managed to change that by deriving my own CEdit and overloading some message handler or other which is about cursor changing. That worked, but one problem remains. If I hover my mouse cursor in that window and type something into the CEdit, my mouse cursor will disappear. It will appear again if I move it out of that sub window and into the program's main window. I have also found that it disappears also if I have the cursor in the main window, except that in that instance it reappears with any movement. I'd rather have neither situation, but if I can at least have the behaviour of the main window in my sub window, that would be great. Trouble is, I have no idea what's going on with this disappearing business.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I have been informed that this is a standard behaviour for Windows which can be disabled through control panel, however I would like to be able to do this in code. I'd rather not have to give out such instructions to an end user.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.