Need hel with tabs

Pages: 12
ok, i added that and now i get these errors:

||=== Tabs, Debug ===|
C:\Users\Chay Hawk\Desktop\Tabs\main.cpp||In function 'BOOL DlgProc(HWND__*, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM)':|
C:\Users\Chay Hawk\Desktop\Tabs\main.cpp|24|warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'CHAR*'|
C:\Users\Chay Hawk\Desktop\Tabs\main.cpp|26|warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'CHAR*'|
obj\Debug\main.o||In function `Z7DlgProcP6HWND__jjl@16':|
C:\Users\Chay Hawk\Desktop\Tabs\main.cpp|20|undefined reference to `InitCommonControlsEx@4'|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 2 warnings ===|

What the heck does deprecated conversion from string constant to 'CHAR*' Mean????
It means that

ti.pszText = "Tab One";

is assigning a const char * (the string literal) to ti.pszText which is a CHAR* (windows typedef)

The actual error just means you are not linking against libcomctl32.a

Project -> Build options -> Linker settings tab -> Add then enter comctl32
Ok i got it to work, now is this the most absolute simplest way to do this? Is there any way to simplify the code even further?
Last edited on
This is just a simple example of how to create tab windows and populate them with usable dialogs. You could use classes to encapsulate a lot of this (which MFC already does, but you need VC pro to use it)
Ok, well i'll study this and all the other stuff i learned, thanks for all the help :D
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12