hwo to connect VC++ to mysql database and windows access database?

I want to build a financial model which will need to build some small database and read the data from database and manipulate it via C++.
I can make a database by window access, that's no problem, however I have no idea how to read the data into my project.

Google for C++ ODBC. :) That will allow you to interface with any type of database.
Avoid ODBC (old and deprecated, see table.2 in MSDN)
Use ADO or OLEDB, specially with Access (complete Access & C++ samples in MSDN), a lot easier and faster (see MSDN diagrams, OLEDB being the fastest)
Last edited on
Errr. For the nth time. ODBC is not depreciated. You clearly live in your own Microsoft bubble.
Rea MSDN articles on Access 2007 and you'll understand why it's deprecated...
I read the page. Nice of you to provide the link as usual.

1 ODBC method has been marked as depreciated. 2 have not. You will also note the OP wants a method that will work with MySQL too. Microsoft Access technologies will not.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc811599.aspx#Ac2007DevelopingSolutions_DeprecatedMethods

Is the link george135 references. He has a nice habit of referencing unknown sources.

I still stick with ODBC as a recommendation. Perhaps using a 3rd party toolkit like WxWidgets or QT that provide OO wrappers for them. This will give you an open choice in database engine you decide to use.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.