Help With Including Libraries.

closed account (967L1hU5)
Hello, I am trying to use SFML in one of my programs, I downloaded the full SDK off this page:
http://www.sfml-dev.org/download.php
for Code::Blocks. I included and linked the files, but when I went to compile the sample code:
#include <SFML/System.hpp>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    sf::Clock Clock;
    while (Clock.GetElapsedTime() < 5.f)
    {
        std::cout << Clock.GetElapsedTime() << std::endl;
        sf::Sleep(0.5f);
    }

return 0;
}

I got several errors. I scrolled down on the instructions page, and saw the part with Build Options. Once I did that, it compiled, but gave me an error: sfml-system-d.dll is missing, no matter what I put in Build Options, unless I put nothing, in which I would get messages that thought I was typing gibberish. So I browsed threw the SFML files I downloaded, and found sfml-system-d.dll, so I put it where Code::Blocks compiles the .exe, and now I'm getting the same thing, except with libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll. I looked threw all the SFML files, and didn't find any matching ones. So I feel as if I took one step forward, and two steps back. Did anyone else have this problem, and if so, can someone help me out.

P.S. Code::Blocks knows I included the .hpp's, I'm not getting an error on them.
The simple\sloppy answer is to drop all of the dll files from the sfml download into your %SYSTEMROOT% folder. What specifically this directory is will depend on what version of what OS you are running.
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll

Since gcc is the GNU Compiler Collection, this sounds like it comes with the MinGW installation rather than the SFML.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.