windows api tutorial?

The last time I did any windows gui coding with the winapi was back in 1994. Is there a tutorial anywhere on this site?
thanks
Tutorials are for kids.
Read the Petzold' then the Richter'
I take it these are books...? Could you be more specific?
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I have recently bought “Windows Via C/C++” by Jeffrey M. Richter , Christophe Nasarre (this is the third edition of the ‘Richter’ book that I have).

Synopsis
Get the preeminent guide to programming application for Windows with C++. Programming Applications for Microsoft Windows is a classic book (formerly titled Advanced Windows, Third Edition) and is now fully updated for Windows Vista, including the latest information about Windows XP. In-depth and comprehensive, this essential reference covers the Windows operating system and how to program at the API level. Recognized experts provide an inside view of how Windows works and how to use its features in Visual C++ development tasks. Topics covered include processes, thread pooling, virtual memory, DLLs, file I/O, and message crackers. For systems-level programmers, this is a must-have title. Includes code samples in Visual C++.

The last copy of ‘Petzold’ I bought was “Programming Windows” by Charles Petzold this is an old book (1998) but I still look at it from time to time.

Synopsis
Look it up in Petzold remains the decisive last word in answering questions about Windows development. And in PROGRAMMING WINDOWS, FIFTH EDITION, the esteemed Windows Pioneer Award winner revises his classic text with authoritative coverage of the latest versions of the Windows operating system once again drilling down to the essential API heart of Win32 programming. Topics include: The basics input, output, dialog boxes An introduction to Unicode Graphics drawing, text and fonts, bitmaps and metafiles The kernel and the printer Sound and music Dynamic-link libraries Multitasking and multithreading The Multiple-Document Interface Programming for the Internet and intranets Packed as always with definitive examples, this newest Petzold delivers the ultimate sourcebook and tutorial for Windows programmers at all levels working with Microsoft; Windows 95, Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows NT;. No aspiring or experienced developer can afford to be without it. An electronic version of this book is available on the companion CD.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.