Airplane instrument classes

Hi - does anyone know of DLLs or classes for DGI, RBI/RMI, OBI and HSI representations?

I am to be creating a navigational instrument simulator using Visual C++ and lack the experience to be creating these visuals (and am a little bit scared!)
I don't know about airplane gauges, but check out ChartFX's gallery @ http://www.softwarefx.com/sfxGallery/ . Does this fit? Actually, I don't really need an answer. :D
Thanks for that - unfortunately not but I have emailed them to see if they'll rise to the challenge!
Do you have any GUI experience?

Also, are you using Visual C++ Express?

Yes - a long time ago - getting back into the swing of it!

Using VC++ 2010 Express for the moment to prototype all the mundane tracking and GPS simulation functionality; when the time comes I shall have access to VC++ 2010 Pro. for the juicy graphics stuff.

Last touched the MFC in 2002; I hope it hasn't changed too much.
Well, there are more classes in MFC. But I don't think the basics have changed much. That would break too much legacy code.

I don't know a lot about aircraft instrumentation. Or rather, all I know about aircraft instrumentation comes from TV and visiting an aircraft musem as a boy.

But if most of the detail is static, it might now be too difficult to do. You could create a bitmap of the static background, which would just leave you to draw the needles, flashing, lights etc.
Bitmaps method is good, I already have that implemented... however I intend to port the product to handheld devices and would rather not have the memory overload.

Too 'jerky'.

I shall get back to the grindstone and search again in about three month's time - anticipated development lag. :-(
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.