problem with Visual C++ (installation?)

Hello everybody

I've installed VC++ express and windows SKD on my computer and have followed the instructions to "Use Visual C++ Express Edition with the Microsoft Platform SDK". When I wanted to build the sample "CPUID" code, I get the result:

========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 1 skipped ==========

What's going on here?
Hello,

I have also installed windows SDK and Visual C++ 2008 in order to build some C++ -programs in CLR-format.

I have first tried to build some sample programs from Sourcecode (Winnie & C++ Tutorial Sources) but have not succeeded.

Now wondering if Visual C++ is somewhat different than C++. For example key words "or" and "and" are not known in Visual C++ 2008 and these words must be replaced with "||" and "&&".

----- Edit1 ------

Notised that SP1 for Visual C++ is available as well as Microsoft MSDN Express Library must be installed separately. This might help.

Also Visual C++ defaults to UNICODE builds (look at Beginners forum, topic "Winnie - from Sourcecode") and the Character Set properties might be needed to be changd from UNICODE character set to multi-byte character set. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/4950/

----- Edit2 ------

Now I got my first sourcecode example builded. Solution was to choose right template for the project (general::empty project). I'll look futher to upgrade source code to build it in CLR -mode.

Best regards,
TapaniS
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.