Visual C++ Won't Start

When I started to create my first C++ visual program ever, when I opened the form1.h file from the solution explorer sidebar, I got a message that told me I had two errors, and so I couldn't do anything because there was a chance of data loss. An error ox also popped up, telling me that I needed Microsoft SQL Compact Version 3.5 or higher installed. I did this, and now I only have one error. However, no box pops up to tell me how to fix it, and I can't find any mention of how to fix my problems in the Microsoft forums. Please help me! (I only get the error message when I open up the form1.h file) (The explanation of my error is as follows:

Instances of this error (1)

1. Hide Call Stack

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Designer.Interfaces.IVSMDCodeDomProvider.get_CodeDomProvider()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.CodeDomDocDataAdapter.get_Provider()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.CodeDomDocDataAdapter.get_CompileUnit()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)
Last edited on
I dont know what that form1.h file is. Did you create it? If not, then why are you trying to open it?
I'd say un-install and reinstall Visual Studio, just on the fact it's saying you are missing an SQL component.
The form1.h is just one of the program files that is created when you create a visual C++ program. It's a blank white screen and instead of writing code to it, you drag pre-made items from the toolbox onto it. But in mine, I get the error message and it won't let me do anything.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.