sending many packets Ethernet simultaniously

Hello

i'am developping an application with Visual C++ 2010 but i have a problem.
i need to send many packets Ethernet simultaneously from application layer to physical layer (of course with construction of every packet in UDP,IP, and MAC layers), and in Mac layer there is a scheduler that arranges packets (coming from uper layer) in the same line to be send to the physical layer.

So i need to know how can i do this?
there is use of threads or sockets?
i think sockets can be used only for communication between two hosts not in the same host (my case).

i hope some one can help me. thank you
So i need to know how can i do this?
It depends on what you're trying to do.

there is use of threads or sockets?
Threads? Dunno. Sockets is a network library so probably yes.

i think sockets can be used only for communication between two hosts not in the same host (my case).
Sockets communicate between network endpoints. They may or may not be between hosts.

You really should try to find out about threads and/or sockets before you consider using them.
i read about sockets and i always found server/client applications so how can i use it in my application that is develloped in the same host and sends many packets in the same time from the application layer to transport layer to network layer to data link layer.in this level all packets are muxed in the same line ready to be transmitted to physical layer using winpcap library.

and i think socket are always used in transport layer and application layer.no?
so how can i use it in my application that is develloped in the same host and sends many packets in the same time from the application layer to transport layer to network layer to data link layer.in this level all packets are muxed in the same line ready to be transmitted to physical layer using winpcap library.
What?

The whole point of the sockets library is to make network access as easy as using a file. You don't have to concern yourself with all that stuff when using sockets. Just try to understand IP addressing/routing and learn the sockets library and that'll be all you need,
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.