Will the pdf tutorial on this website teach me everything about c++?

Will the pdf tutorial on this website teach me everything about c++? If not, where should i pick up after reading it?
Tutorial here based on console apps of C++, am sure you after finish reading this tutorial, go and find some simple GUI libraries(such as Nokia Qt ,www.qt.nokia.com) and start building you complete software.h appy coding
You, and anyone else, will never know everything about C++. Its already a HUGE language and is growing vastly.
I don't personally like the tutorials on this site. They're not bad but you can get MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more information from a good book. You can go so much more in depth with everything you learn and most books end each chapter with some review questions and exercises to keep you sharp. Though some people like the tutorials on this site, I just don't think they're big enough.
Btw, im reading the C++ programming language third edition and i still don't know how the examples are or better yet what they are. Are they console, source files, windows files or what? I still don't get it and i haven't started learning yet.
WriteGreatCode wrote:
You, and anyone else, will never know everything about C++. Its already a HUGE language and is growing vastly.
This may be true, it does not mean you can't try! :D

To answer your question, in my opinion if you complete and fully comprehend the tutorials on this website then you will have a firm foundation, and will be able to tackle most problems head on.

@OP: As stated by TheNoobie I think a good book is better learning aid than online tutorials, having said that I don't think "The C++ Programming Language Third Edition", is the best book for someone new to the language, as I bought this book in my first year of University and I found it to be slightly overwhelming.

The "For Dummies" franchise of books are I find very good for beginners. Also "Sams Teach Yourself <a language> in <a ridiculous time frame>" are good too (just don't take the title too seriously).

My advice is: complete the tutorials on this website/a good book to the best of your ability. Once your comfortable with console applications programming then, as Madz suggested, move on to Windows Applications. Once you're here you'll have a firm grasp of C++, Object Orientation, Windows A.P.I., and you will be able to direct yourself.

Here are some good Windows A.P.I. tutorials:

http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/start.html
http://zetcode.com/tutorials/winapi/

(They're a bit dated but they helped me tremendously)

Also, if at any point you get stuck, feel free to post a question on this forum and someone will help you.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

EDIT: Added some links to Windows A.P.I. tutorials.
Last edited on
thx WriteGreatCode. lol, this means the programs in the book are console applications right? Thx.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.