Visual C++ 2005/2008/2010

Hi there!

During several last years I was developing C++ programs on Linux. I like Makefile, shell etc. methodologies. But now it is necessary for me to develop a program with MS Visual C++. Certainly there are no difficulties for me with this IDE, but I'm not familiar with the following things:

1. Code documentation.
Usually I use Doxygen. But what about VC++? Is there any alternative tool for code documentation, widely used in this IDE?

2. Directories structure.
Usually I use such directories structure in a project:
- src
- tests
- bin
- tools
- etc...
So "src" contains the source code of this project, "tests" - the testing application and its source code.
However MS VC++ creates the following structure by default, for example:
- Application
-- Bin
--- Debug
--- Release
- Tests
-- Bin
--- Debug
--- Release
or something like that. It is assumed, that "Application" is project with "Application" name, "Tests" - another project with "Tests" name. Is it accepted to leave such default structure for the project?

Thank you in advance.
I see no reason why you can't use Doxygen with Visual Studio if you do doxygen compatible comments.
Yes, I can use Doxygen. I only ask, is there some code documentation tool, widely used in VC++ projects? If not - ok.
The structure is:
- Project
- Debug
- Release
- Target1
-- Debug (target1 debug intermediates)
-- Release (target1 debug intermediates)
- Target2
-- Debug (target2 debug intermediates)
-- Release (target2 debug intermediates)
- Targetn
-- Debug (targetn debug intermediates)
-- Release (targetn debug intermediates)

You can add pre/post build steps. Or you can add custom build targets. You probably don't want to run doxygen on every built, but if you do it could go as a post build step.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.