Looking for a Programmer for Video Game Server

Our server is almost ready to launch. I just need a c++ programmer with a good head on his shoulders. Video game experience is a plus. This is an MMORP emulated server, so it's all server-side programming. It's a player vs player server so it's even more interesting, after launch we'll be focusing on detecting and catching cheaters. Email me at gredesh@gmail.com. Include your experience and why you think you can handle the job. Thanks.
Last edited on
Our server is almost ready to launch

=] then why do you need a programmer?

player vs player.... more interesting? Just more of a headache, though a simple system to implement. What have done, what are you going to compensate your new programmer with? What are you doing to entice anyone to respond?
Last edited on
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
Does this emulation infringe on any terms of service for the client? (Is it legal?)
Yes It's legal. We don't distribute the client, people who play already own a copy. What needs to get done before launch is to finish the pvp points system. There's a working system in place, we just need to do some better logic on how many points someone is worth when they get killed by another player.
Last edited on
There's a working system in place, we just need to do some better logic on how many points someone is worth when they get killed by another player.

That sounds more like a job for a tester/designer...not really a programmer.
I said that wrong maybe. The system is already thought out, but it definitely needs a programmer to write it in.
So this is just modifying an existing game server? What's the payment?
Whats the deal?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.