Visual Basic help

I have a web browser program that I have put on a CD. I want to find a way when i open it it needs to open an html file i have specified on the CD with it. I have tried using a hidden text bar and have it open that file on load, Though the only problem is i can not figure out a way to make it work on every computer. For instance the file on my computer would be E:/HTML/file.html. Though on another computer it would be maybe D:/HTML/file.html because everyone's disk drives are different. Is there a function or some other way i can make this work? Please help I am using visual basic
This is cplusplus.com, not visualbasic.com
Put the html file in the same directory as the executable. Then you need not qualify the full path.

Also, if this is the same problem as in your other thread, why not just autorun the HTML file? Is it so you can go fullscreen?
yeah the fullscreen functionality is what i needed, I really dont want people having to use their browser, it looks unprofessional , I came up with this method so it would be much easier to edit and change things afterwards. That way after the EXE is made we can just change the html files and the splash screen will change
Your browser will of course depend on .NET so your users will need access to the internet to get that unless they already got it through windows update.

And you have managed to make it work without putting the drive letter now?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.