unresolved external symbol in vc++

Heya!

I'm having trouble in visual studio c++ 2008. I got 2 projects(in different solutions if that matters), 1 for my engine and 1 for my project.

In my engine project I've added the path to where my engine code is as "additional include directories".
Then i #include globals.h from that directory and it works fine for stuff that lies only in headers(typedefs and such).

But when i try to use my Logsystem(from the engine code) i get external symbol errors like this:
>Common.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall CLogSystem::Write(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" (?Write@CLogSystem@@QAEXV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@0@Z) referenced in function "bool __cdecl LoadScene(class fbxsdk_2011_3_1::KFbxSdkManager *,class fbxsdk_2011_3_1::KFbxDocument *,char const *)" (?LoadScene@@YA_NPAVKFbxSdkManager@fbxsdk_2011_3_1@@PAVKFbxDocument@2@PBD@Z)

I realise that this happens because it's looking for the cpp file in the engine directory or in a included library file.

Is there any way i could get it to use the cpp file in the engine folder?

Thanks
I thought i tried this before but obviously not, it works now when i added the files from the engine to the exporter solution explorer.
You normally don't add the .cpp files, unless you use templates. Normally you'd just compile your class and function files once, and then just add them to the files to be linked.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.