IDE problem

Okay I have looked for about 2 days now for a solution. Yet I cant find one. My IDE doesn't want to run after I compile my source code. I can run it via the command line, but the IDE doesnt want to do it. It has worked in the past but even when I use 'system()' it doesnt even flash the command prompt.I have tried and looked at everything in the IDE to fix it but nothing is working.

the IDE I use Dev-C++ 5.0 beta 9.2 (4.9.9.2) with Mingw/GCC 3.4.2

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and how did they fix it.

the IDE I use Dev-C++ 5.0 beta 9.2 (4.9.9.2) with Mingw/GCC 3.4.2
...and how did they fix it.

like this: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/36896/
If having read that article, you decide to change IDE, I really recommend that you give Visual Studio (Express) a try. Other than a few tiny niggles, I find it so much nicer than Code::blocks. EDIT: Microsoft's intellisense feature seems to be a lot better than code prediction in other free IDEs. Only thing is of course, it's Windows only and I guess it could result in slightly less portable code.

Hope my (biased) advice is of use to you ;)
Last edited on
Microsoft just seem to have perfected intellisense like no other!

Microsoft default Intellisense is just crap compared to what you get from VisualAssistX. (but that is NOT free)
Fair enough ;) It does break quite a bit.

My statement was perhaps too all encompassing: I just meant that I find it better than what you get, e.g. with Code::blocks.

Thanks for the tip modoran - I hadn't realised there were commercial products for this purpose. I have updated my previous post accordingly :)

EDIT: Nonetheless, the default intellisense in VS2010 seems much more reliable that in 2008. (It's only stopped working once or twice). So I stand by the view that it's not bad as free code prediction products go.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.