A password maker...

Hi, Its Dilyan again. Now I want to make a simple console program wich makes
complex passwords. I have an Idea how It will work, but don't know how to write it down.
The user first must input his name or a word and then the PC must put a random number after the first 3 letters (from 0 to 49), then he must take the last 2 letters and then replace them with a random letter (from B to W). After that he must replace the middle 1 letter with a random number (23 to 78).
After that he must type the created character string on the screen.

This is how the program must act.

Thanks for reading.
Use a std::string. It has useful stuff for doing stuff like inserting and replacing letters.
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/

Use the rand() functions in <cstdlib> to get random numbers and std::stringstream to convert them to a number.
#include <cstdlib>
#include <ctime>
#include <iostream>
#include <sstream>
#include <string>
using namespace std;

string get_random_number_string( int min, int max )
  {
  int num;
  num = (rand() %(max -min +1)) +min;
  ostringstream result;
  result << num;
  return result.str();
  }

int main()
  {
  // initialize the random number generator
  srand( time( NULL ) );

cout << "A random number in 0..49: "  << get_random_number_string(  0, 49 ) << endl;
  cout << "A random number in 23..78: " << get_random_number_string( 23, 78 ) << endl;

return 0;
  }

Have fun!
Thats realy nice Duoas! Your program works, and I looked at the STRING tutorials you gave me the link for, I sellected the Insert operator, but I didn't saw a command which puts random nums or letters in the half of the inputted from the user string. But any way you helped me alot.
Thanks.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.