Screen Saver Starter Kit Download

I just downloaded Visual C# Express and I want to build a screen saver and I am looking for a screen saver template. Does anyone know where I can download this from?
closed account (z05DSL3A)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms686421(VS.85).aspx
Hi Grey Wolf... that you for posting this link. I am a real newbie with this stuff so please bear with me... I went to your link and downloaded the Windows RSS Platform Screensaver Sample
and ran it. Then, I go to Visual C# version 10 and I don't know how to access the screensaver sample. I click on new project and don't see it under the templates. I have no clue how to utilize this screensaver sample.

Can you offer any guidance? I really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I have never used it before (I just remembered seeing it). If I get time later I may be able to take a look at it. It may just be a sample project rather than a template.
I think there should be an example in the install directory for that, it should be listed as a twitter screensaver or something like that if you have the newest 2010 version of Express. I have several versions of the MS Express suites so I could be wrong about your version having it....
I know for a fact that my Visual Basic Express 2010 has it.

Pretty simple if you find that, just open the project file and double click the application.xaml file and then just make your code modifications and design changes in the current properties table.. You can compile it right from there without any modification.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.